Job Title: Manager - Data Scientist
Job Location: Chennai
We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated analytic professional who will support a range of initiatives across content analysis, audience segmentation, personalization, and campaign forecasting/optimization through the in-depth, statistical & quantitative analyses, building predictive/prescriptive models and has passion to build and lead a team in Chennai
• Conduct statistical analysis of content and consumer web, demographic, behavioural, and transactional data in support of strategic initiatives, from very large datasets (both structured and unstructured) and build models to predict desired outcomes using machine learning and artificial intelligence techniques
• Project work covers all phases – conceptualization, assessment, planning, data acquisition, profiling, modelling, documentation, and presentation of findings/recommendations.
• Build and manage a team of Data Scientists and ML Engineers at our Chennai Office
• Work with management and organizational peers (at US and India) to improve business results, by applying analytic findings to ongoing business activities, and develop recommendations to guide future activities
• Work with partners in Data Engineering, Product, Platform, Programmatic and Ad Operations teams, to operationalize integration of analytic models into production environment(s)
• Conduct exploratory analysis against data from internal or external sources, to surface interesting and valuable insights
• Stay current on relevant academic and industry developments to identify best-in-class algorithms, techniques, libraries, etc.
• Design tests, benchmark and track performance of analytic solutions/models over time.
Desired Skills & Qualifications
• The ideal candidate will have many, if not all, of the skills and experience here
• Should have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the field of Analytics.
• Solid experience in deploying predictive models in production environment at scale.
• Exceptional quantitative analytics/applied statistics/machine learning skills, and other techniques appropriate for large scale data analysis, model building and validation.
• Exceptional skills with Python and R
• Experience with big data technologies: Hadoop, AWS/EMR, Spark, Hive, Pig.
• Experience in building a Data Science team
• Exceptional communication skills, particularly in communicating and visualizing quantitative findings in a compelling and actionable manner for management
• Strong set of professional skills: attention to detail; analytical, logical and creative problem solving; critical thinking; ability to work independently and within a cross-functional team
• Master’s degree with an emphasis in a quantitative discipline such as statistics, engineering, economics or mathematics. PhD preferred
About the client:
My client is a premier media company renowned for producing the highest quality content for the world's most influential audiences. Attracting more than 100 million consumers across its industry-leading print, digital and video brands, the company’s portfolio includes some of the most iconic titles in media: Vogue, Vanity Fair, Glamour, Brides, Self, GQ, GQ Style.