Role - Platform Optimization Manager
Experience- 5+ Years
Client: Education Company
Seeking a dynamic Platform Optimisation Manager for its India business. The position is based in Chennai and will be directly responsible to the Head of Technology.
Successful candidates for the role will have
Professional Experience: We are looking for a qualified technologist with 5+ years of experience, to partner with a team of programmers and provide effective guidance as they are developing consumer-facing, new-age, digital-first educational products. You should have prior experience leading the development of tech products which have reached significant scale in the market.
• 5 Years of relevant industry experience, preferably in a big tech company and played an active role in development and launch of large & complex tech products.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from a reputed Engineering College.
• Proficient in at least three core development technologies . Sharp understanding of front-end and back-end application technologies. Strong hold on common software-programming design principles. Familiarity with a variety of data-stores is expected. A penchant for good API design and obsession over high-performance would definitely set you apart.
• Good knowledge of AGILE product development lifecycle and the process tools: SCRUM, JIRA-like tools; Familiarity with Pair Programming is a must.
Functional Skillsets: Since working on our product involves core mobile and web technologies, we are looking for people with good programming skills in the following areas:
• Mobile Development skills include native Flutter, iOS (Swift), native Android (Kotlin), React Native.
• Multiple Machine Learning frameworks (TensorFlow, PyTorch), Bot frameworks (Microsoft Bot Framework, DialogFlow) and Computer Vision frameworks (OpenCV, Google Cloud Vision API).
Critical Traits and Qualities: Ability to get things done, being transparent and willing to learn are crucial to success in XSEED's dynamic cultural environment
• Exceptional ability to execute – get hands dirty, generate/manage resources, work within constraints
• Unafraid personality - micro-habits of decision making, confidence, assertiveness
• Learning mindset – curious, data-driven, open to feedback
Key responsibilities: Working as part of the Technology Optimisation team to understand user behaviour in order to identify opportunities and instigate site & app improvements. The users would include teachers, students, parents and school owners.
• Projects Delivery: Quality, on time delivery of agreed deliverables. Pay high attention to detail in all work.
• Manage QA activity: Work with QA team to use automated frameworks to perform all testing.
• Agile Process Management: As an Agile engineering manager, you’ll need to outline expectations, have faith that your team will be self-organizing, remove impediments to their success, offer support and assistance where necessary, and solicit estimations of time/resources needed for them to do their job.
• Hands-on Coding: You need to know how to read the code your team is writing. Participate in the development of the architecturally significant components of the software system and/or interfaces. Own coding for one or more modules of the project under development. Also, participate in and own data centre upkeep and expansion plans (DevOps activities).
• High Performance: Obsessively chase app performance. Employ industry-leading tools to monitor, report and improve app performance, like NewRelic.
• Data Handling Capability: You should be able to extract insights from data. You should work with the Technology Architects to design the optimal data schemas for flexible reporting needs.
• Inter-team Communication: You should be a people person with the ability to communicate effectively among and between stakeholder groups at all levels.