Firm Data Submission Framework (FDSF), mandated by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) requires financial institutions to report granular risk data and capital forecasts, and to ensure they have robust stress testing programs in place.
- Review & sign off market risk sensivities generated as part of the FDSF
- Performing analysis to respond to questions from risk managers, senior management and regulators
- Develop subject matter expertise and proactively engage various stakeholders in identifying the issues relating to market data & systems
- Act as the primary point of contact for FDSF market risk analysis across the Equities, coordinating with risk managers/analysts to consolidate this into an appropriate high level commentary picking out the key points
- Contribute to deep dive analysis across Equities business including Derivatives (including Fund linked Derivatives and Convertibles, Arbitrage Trading, Cash Securities and Prime Services)
- Provide Equities level reports to Senior Management with appropriate commentary and analysis as required
- Assist in compiling presentations and other data for Senior Management
- Ensure high level trend data is maintained, reported and easily accessible
- Help develop the overall reporting infrastructure, working with dedicated IT resources & Market Risk Reporting team to ensure continual improvement in consistency and effectiveness of reporting across the different Equities businesses
- Identify areas of system development and enhancements
Interested candidates must be able to demonstrate the following qualifications and competencies:
- Numerate degree essential (incl. Advanced Math, MFE, etc.)
- Additional certifications such as CFA,FRM preferred
- 4+ years of experience in Investment Banking, preferably in a risk function
- Understanding of VaR / ERC / stress testing and other risk measurement frameworks
- Understanding of Equity products, structured derivatives, etc.
- Strong understanding of Equity Greeks
- IT skills including Excel/Access with VBA and ideally experience in R & SQL
- Ability to work in a complex & dynamic environment, understand various risk management systems and tools and interact with multiple stakeholders
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal including power point and presentation skills
- Attention to detail to allow the candidate to identify potential errors in Risk numbers. Reports are used for business decisions and need to be highly accurate.
- Working with Cluster managers requires ability to work with tight deadlines on complex requirements
Strong team player and ability to grasp various risk management and reporting systems