- Attracting, developing, and managing a world-class software developers working on both front end and backend services and advances distributed systems and/or transaction based systems that will be deployed globally.
- Build strong teams and successfully organizing and leading their efforts to deliver excellent results for customers. • Own and drive technical projects and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Participate in the overall planning, execution, and success of a complex cross-functional team, work closely with product management and Sr. leadership.
- Actively participate in recruitment of candidates for technical positions and mentor junior technical staff.
- Deep, hands-on programming and technical design skills with demonstrated willingness and capability to learn new technologies quickly
- Demonstrated ability to design, build, and deliver complex, successful web services and/or customer experiences efficiently and with quality.
- Proven team leadership, interpersonal skills, and ability to get things done
- Demonstrated ability to attract, develop, and keep high quality development teams
- Ability to clearly communicate high level strategy and technical details effectively across disciplines, locations, and organizations, including to senior leadership
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related technical field. Masters preferred.
- 7 to 10 years of software development experience and 4 to 6 years of people management experience.
- Solid programming skills in Java, C/C++/C# or Perl and a deep understanding of object oriented design.
- Development expertise in UNIX, XML, Web services, and UNIX tools.
- Experience in designing and implementing information retrieval, web mining and classification algorithms.
- Experience in development of scalable, extensible, complex distributed systems.
- Experience with open source technologies and Agile development methodologies.
- Robust project planning and execution skills including estimating, scheduling, and executing on committed schedules.
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests.
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills and ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions.
- Develop project business cases and decide the right priority.
Get Jobs Like This By Email
Email This Job To A Friend