Contracts Manager (Engineering Services)
To support the PSM Services Team Leader in the delivery of Contract Management Strategy of the strategic Engineering contracts relating to Engineering Services. The post holder will be responsible for setting critical success factors and key performance indicators for the engineering contracts and ensure that the contracts are as efficient and effective as possible while offering value for money. The post holder will be required to support the wider PSM team in the delivery of purchasing activity.
- Management of Contractor spend up to £45million per annum.
- Lead all development and implementation of a Contracts Management programme and monitoring system.
- Work with the Senior Buyers to procure appropriate contracts in line with future strategy requirements.
- Support the TA Contracts Manager during large Turnaround events.
- To manage and achieve financial targets include both qualitative and quantative reporting.
- Negotiate and contract manage all major engineering contracts in line with the Buyer Business Plan and Category Strategy.
- Contribute to the delivery of the Business Objectives and PSM Strategy. Ensure that all procurement activity is delivered in line with business objectives of being Sustainably Safe, Reliable, Profitable and Growing
- To help ensure that all purchasing and contract management activity is managed against pre- agreed Key Performance Indicators and Incentive Targets. The post holder will be required to manage data management of spend and performance against designated contracts.
- Lead the design and development of all Contract Management Strategies for the major Engineering Service contracts.
- Manage the workload and priorities of the Senior Buyer and undertake market analysis and benchmarking of all Tier 1 and Tier 2 suppliers
- Responsible for tracking all engineering contractor performance
- Lead and agree all commercial negotiations with regards to the Quality of Service reviews.
- Set up and manage a KPI tracking system and report on a monthly/quarterly/annual bases on contractor performance.
- Manage contracts including commercial/financial management of contracts and periodical contract and performance reviews with Senior Responsible Owners/ Operational Leads and contracts.
- Ensure that all commercial risks are identified and managed accordingly across the execution of all contracts.
- Maintain up to date contract management strategies, systems, processes and administration, ensure contracts are up to date with respect to variations and amendments.
- Develop and maintain required (management) reports, spend analysis and report value improvements.
- Participate in process and cost improvement activities. This includes participation or leading LEAN, Waste Elimination or Six Sigma projects and coaching the business organization with use of contracts as and when instructed to do so.
- Identify and track savings and benefits following the implementation of strategies and contract management activity.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Essential – Graduate level supported by professional qualifications e.g. MCIPS, Engineering Degree and Chartered Status or able to demonstrate a proven track record and able to demonstrate equivalent capability.
- Essential Minimum of 7 years experience of working in a Commercial environment with at least 3 years experience and outstanding evidence of Contract Management. .
- Desirable – Experience of setting up Contract Management programmes
- Proven experience of contract negotiation skills and exposure to dispute resolution and claims management
- Experience in Lean/Six Sigma techniques with formal qualification or relevant experience.
- Experience of delivering team and contractor performance management models
- Ability to constructively challenge and support key negotiations with supplier’s pre and post contract award.
- Excellent numeracy and verbal reasoning skills
- Sound understanding of HSE requirements
- Strong leadership and communication skills with ability to report at a Senior Management level and interact with senior stakeholders within the business and supply chain.
- Clear understanding of benchmarking data and its use to demonstrate value for money.