~~My client is currently recruiting for a Buyer to join the procurement team. My client is one of the UK's leading Oil Refinery's based in the North West.
PLEASE READ THE BELOW CAREFULY AND ONLY APPLY FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU HAVE THE RELEVANT EXPERIANCE
* Handle approved requisitions and process purchase orders in a timely manner and in accordance with the MOA.
* Perform market analysis, new vendor pre-qualifications, develop sourcing strategies & tactics, tenders, evaluate quotations, price/cost benchmarks, negotiate, create and expedite purchase orders. Identify and track savings and benefits through the completion of the four step process.
* Support the delivery of Buyer Business Plans and Purchasing Strategies to support the business objectives. Propose contract strategies and awards for approval as defined by the MOA.
* Support the wider PSM Team in managing contracts including attending periodical contract and performance reviews with the Operational Lead and Suppliers.
* Develop and maintain required management reports, spend analysis and report value improvements as defined by the Team Leads.
* Participate in initiatives to drive continuous improvement.
* Establishing close network with key internal and external stakeholders to ensure early engagement and compliance with the Fundamentals of Purchasing.
* Identify and implement best value solutions for all relevant requirements from the business.
* Converting all approved requisitions into Purchase Orders within agreed timelines and complies with our commercial and legal guidelines.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE: COMPLETE FOR RECRUITMENT
* Relevant Technical or Business Degree preferred but not essential
* Working towards or has achieved CIPS Advanced Certificate (L5) or can demonstrate relevant experience in a similar role.
* Proven track record in negotiations, stakeholder and supplier relationship management and category management.
* Good IT skills - including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
* ERP Systems Knowledge, especially SAP
* Must be a team player; the Buyer team is small, so teamwork and flexibility is vital.
* A self-starter capable of working in a consistently busy department where deadlines must be met.
* Strong communication skills with ability to influence key stakeholders.
* Analysis of Business Needs
* Market Analysis
* Category Strategy
* Source and Award
* Contract Management
* Stakeholder Management
Business, Personal and Leadership Competences
* Customer Focus
* Delivering for the company
* Planning & Organising
* Solving Problems & Making Decisions
* Working with Others
* Developing Self and Others
* HSE Safety Leadership
* Risk Identification and Assessment
* Risk Management
* Review and Improvement
*Experience of Daily interaction with Stakeholders
* Hands on experience of speaking with internal Stakeholders
* Want to progress and develop within the role
* Proven buying experience
* Relevant Experience in industry's such as - Pharmaceutical/Automotive/Chemicals/Waste/
* Understanding of local Policies and Procedures