Our client is a leading, innovative Animal Health Nutrition company that specializes in the microencapsulation of nutrients and feed additives designed to improve feed efficiency and reduce production costs in animal agriculture.
At this time our client intends to rapidly scale up its staff and operations in all areas as they seek to build an excellent team of professionals from the animal health and nutrition industry to provide sales and technical support expertise.
Due to this the company is currently seeking a high-energy, self-directed and performance oriented US Director of Ruminant Technical Services for its animal health and nutrition business. The top tier candidate (s) for this role will lead the US Ruminant technical services to support for the company’s flagship global brands. The location of this role can be flexible to the East coast USA however you must have easy access to an international airport.
Reporting to the VP of Animal Health & Nutrition, the US Director of Technical Services role will be responsible for providing technical service and field research information to ruminant customers in support of the entire product line.
• Overall responsibility for commercial technical service support for
• Contribute to formulation of technical support strategies and tactics for the overall business plan.
• Develop and nurture relationships with key scientific animal health and nutrition industry opinion leaders.
• Develop and execute field trials to prove technical value of products with customer nutritionists and veterinarians.
• Present key technical information concerning products and position technically with customers.
• Conduct internal and external technical training for products.
• Participate in a collaborative team environment promoting a high degree of initiative, performance, agility and resiliency in responding to change in a start-up environment.
The candidate (s) must bring experience in the technical commercialization of similar or related animal health and/or nutrition products to ruminant producers, opinion leaders, and strategic partners. The ideal candidate will have an extensive network of key scientific decision makers in the industry, domestically and possibly globally, and a “roll-up-the-sleeves” passion for entrepreneurial business ventures.
• Animal health or nutrition technical service experience
• DVM, MS or PhD degree required – MBA a plus
• Demonstrated technical services field commercialization experience with trial development/execution – required.
• A strong animal science based technical acumen needed – immunology a plus
• Proven technical leadership experience in an agile, high-growth business environment.
• Global animal health and nutrition technical service experience a plus.
• Proven technical communication and budgeting experience desired.
For more information please get in touch.