Education and/or Experience:
Degree in Accounting or Finance - Advanced degree desirable. (Education in the US is preferred).
Certified Internal Auditor or Certified Public Accountant (equivalent)
Experience with US GAAP and IFRS requirements and reporting
Five to seven years experience in operational and financial auditing
Extensive knowledge of manufacturing/automotive business
Excellent analytical skills
A “team player” who will encourage the open exchange of ideas
Experience with SAP ERP systems and Auditing Software desirable
Excellent verbal and written communication skills – fluent English required
In the course of his/her duties, the person will:
- Assist the Director of Internal Audit in coordination of the Internal Audit function in Asia (currently includes China, Malta, Korea, Japan; will include Vietnam)
- Conduct financial and operational audits of the Company’s effectiveness of internal controls. Survey functions and activities in assigned areas to determine nature of operations and adequacy of system of internal controls, to achieve established objectives.
- Perform in-charge responsibilities for designated audits. This includes performing supervisory functions for other team members, including co-sourced staff. Advise, counsel and instruct staff assigned to the audit. Review their work. Perform an evaluation of the performance of the co-sourced staff.
- Conduct ongoing risk assessment prior to each audit with the input of management to determine the universe of risks and if there are any changes from the previous risk assessment.
- Develop and/or revise audit programs and review with Director of Internal Audit.
- Perform audits in professional manner and in accordance with the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and the approved procedures manual and audit programs.
- Give oral and written presentations to management during and at conclusion of audits, discussing noted deficiencies and recommending corrective actions to improve the internal control, efficiency and effectiveness in operations and reduce costs.
- Prepare written reports containing audit findings with recommendations for improvements. Reports express opinion on adequacy and effectiveness of the systems and efficiency with which activities are carried out.
- Participate in appraising adequacy of corrective actions taken by operating management to improve the reported deficient conditions.