General Manager - Manufacturing
Responsible for the management of the overall activities of manufacturing operations in the assigned location to ensure meeting the needs and expectations of customers in terms of production, quality, compliance, responsiveness and operations aligned with the corporate business strategies and objectives.
Lead and supervise functional areas such as Production, Quality, Planning, Logistics & Customs, Compliance, Engineering, Finance and Human Resources, to ensure sustainable development and continual viability of the manufacturing operations in the assigned location
1. To constantly review and analyze the management/organizational structure, available production resources and operating systems, and to initiate necessary changes to ensure that they are sufficiently robust to meet the changing business environment and to deliver customer values in terms of production, quality, compliance, responsiveness and cost.
2. To lead demonstrate and motivate the management team of the operations in conforming to the relevant statutory and code of conduct requirements relating to quality management, health and safety and environment.
3. To understand and appreciate the working culture of the current production workforce; to mentor and develop the local management team in understanding the necessary controls and procedures required towards supporting the changing business needs; and to modify and adjust approaches to people management so as to create a harmonious working environment conducive to continuous management and labor relations improvements for mutual benefits.
4. To regularly review and modify, as appropriate, the key performance indicators (KPIs) for operational excellence and address areas of deficiency to ensure continual improvement in the effectiveness of manufacturing operations.
5. To ensure the effectiveness of the production and material control mechanism in terms of production schedule and delivery, in close coordination with the central planning team and the timely availability of relevant data for management review and decision.
6 To conduct periodic review of the production and processes, and to mobilize re-engineering initiatives as appropriate, for optimization of output in terms of efficiency, productivity, delivery, product quality, and machine utilization.
7 To identify training needs for career development of employees and to develop/evaluate appropriate training materials for skill improvement at all levels.
8 To play a crucial role in the enhancement of communication with customers of the Company and to foster a close working relationship amongst all working teams to achieve the corporate objectives and goals.
9. To draw up rolling budgets for the plant(s) for management approval and to closely monitor the same once agreed.
Qualifications and Experience Required