- Processing of orders - beginning from handover from sales & application department and up to the successful commissioning
- Ensure customer satisfaction and high-quality engineering
- Acting as a link between VPC and Global design team
- Align technical specification and details of delivery scope with relevant departments;
- Carry out machine design according to signed technical specification and create order BOM;
- Clarify all technical related questions (e.g. dimension, tolerance, specification of catalog-parts)from other departments, such as procurement/supplier, manufacturing and provide solutions to problems occurred during the OTC-phase;
- To support application for some engineering issues and make clarification for installation department on specific plant design engineering
- Align sourcing concept with product manager and manufacturing department, delivery scope and schedule with order management.
- Ensure proper documentation for components
- Ensure risk analyses are done if locally necessary
- Ensure implementation of lessons learned in design and processes (incl. providing global product management with necessary information)
- Actively driving the interdepartmental information exchange to ensure proper interfaces
- Ensure succession and build-up of team leaders and experts
Professional Experience & Education
- Bachelor degree or above in Mechanical Engineering
- >10 years of work experience, preferably 5 years of which at managerial level with a proven people management track record
- Know-how in paper machine engineering is a must
Specific skills & Knowledge (Ex: Language, IT skills)
- Inventor, 3D design tools
- The candidate should be able to handle multiple tasks at the same time, yet keeping a clear view of priorities. He/she should be articulate and self-assured in communication and coordination both internally and externally.
- English is a must
- Innovative thinking, open minded – thinking outside the box
- VPC profitability: drive on high utilization
- VPC market share: on-time bill of material release; effective customer support (also on site)
- VPC reputation: accurate planning and follow-up to keep milestones
Strategic contribution of the function:
Delivering reliable and engineering providing added value to the customer. Effective support of customer and implementation of customer needs. Representing our reliable engineering to the customer & providing quick and on-time design at minimum engineering hours.
Complexity of functional requirements:
What is the complexity of the work environment?
- Need to be able to work in very different environments, such as cultural (China/Europe) and technical (Tissue, AirSystems, Paper Machine).
- Building up an organization/know-how and at the same time already optimizing for profitability
- What approaches or innovative approaches are needed to solve the problem?
- Ability to see the essential.
- Ability to focus on customer needs while building up an organization and optimizing it
- Thinking outside the box
- Having a vision incorporating modern CAD tools’ capabilities, future market trends and internal OPEX activities
What are the key internal and external interfaces?
- VPC OTO and OTC departments
- Overseas locations’ design and product management