Antal in retained to recruit for this position for our client Porcher Industries(https://www.porcher-ind.com/en)
Location: Ideally Hong Kong or candidates willing to relocate
Title: Sales Manager South East Asia – Building & Construction / Industries
Salary: Fix+ 15% incentives based on performance
Type of Job: FTE - Permanent
Estimated starting date: Immediate
I. Company introduction:
Porcher Industries, a world leader in technical textiles and thermoplastic composite solutions with a global platform delivering unique chemistries, technologies and innovations, has entered an exciting new chapter.
Since early 2017, Porcher Industries has implemented a multi-million Euro growth and restructuring phase with over €50+M of new investments being used to add capacity and resource, further improve quality and drive innovation - significantly increasing output in Porcher’s key markets.
- Aerospace & Defense
- Sports and Leisure
Porcher Industries’ products deliver exceptional performance, quality and safety across a massive range of industries and applications. As technical textile specialists, Porcher’s innate understanding of fibre and yarn surface treatments, 2D & 3D weaving, cabling, nonwoven scrim and impregnation processes is backed up by an exceptionally strong technology development team. With more than 2000 employees and over 14 manufacturing sites in 3 continents, Porcher Industries has the tools to supply world-class fabrics and composite materials for customers globally.
II. Job General scope.
Porcher is an innovative player for Textile fibbers/Tissue with specific sizing chemical agent used for thermal/Acoustic Isolation and for the thermoplastic composite solutions. After a technical and commercial success in Europe and US, Porcher wants to grow more particularly on this sector in Asia.
Porcher Industries is looking for a dynamic person who is customer orientated with solid technical background.
This role will involve regular travel and customer visit in Asia to focus more on South East Asia, Japan, Korea, Australia… (Except China main land) East coast Area
The successful candidate will need to have tenacity to maintain this on a long-term basis. Therefore, it is important that they have the capability to use their own initiative and work independently.
The successful candidate will be expected to understand the technical nature of the product and about process.
- Sales growth of product on a given area Building & Construction and Industries Market segment – New customer acquisition.
- Collect new customer needs as part of the Commercial development strategy of Porcher and develop sales to existing customers.
This position reports to BU director in France.
III. Job attractions:
PORCHER INDUSTRIES aspires to be a global supplier of solutions allowing cutting-edge companies in the fields of aerospace and defence, automobile, Building construction, industry, energy and sport to anticipate technological and functional evolutions regarding the most complex textile, technical and composite materials. The idea is to create innovative incubators concept to Explore new technologies, new application and new market segment.
Innovative-Driven customers/Prospects - Market dynamics oriented - Straight/Efficient Organisation
IV. Main responsibilities
- Manage existing customer portfolio and explore/prospect new customer acquisition
- Implementation of sales/commercial strategy for the function and responsibility, according to the group’ strategy and overall objectives.
- Participates and build comprehensive sales budget with his manager and follow progress to deliver
- Achieve business/sales objectives according to budget – Implement specifics correctives action if any deviation/gap.
- Proposes and initiates growth sales plan and track progress about results achieved.
- Build sales Forecasts for his area and defines inventory levels in collaboration with supply chain department.
- Build comprehensive sales reporting on performance of his area base on Product mix/Volume/ASP
- Regular reporting on market trends, customer relationships, customer acquisition, new project with his manager.
- Participates in trade shows / Associations
- Follow customer satisfaction and propose any improvements.
- Support to solve any complaint.
- Understand technical requirements and processes of customers.
- Basic Technical support
- Proactive on new development and customer needs in collaboration with internal Technical service department.
V. Qualification requirement:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or commerce
- 5 years’ experience with a proven track record of maintaining existing customer portfolio, sales growth and capture new business/customer acquisition with technical products.
- Experience and good understanding in Business conduct rules in the territory
- Technical textiles preferred with industry specific experience also preferred.
- Strong network in Industry
- Strengths: customer & solutions oriented, open, autonomous, interpersonal skills, available,
- English Verbal and written communication skills is mandatory, Japanese speaker will be preferred
- Up to 50% travel required, some international travel required, Home office considered.