Antal International has been dealing in global markets for 20 years with 130 offices across the globe and in the Italian market since 1997. We have acquired extensive knowledge and expertise in sourcing High Level Individuals in most diverse and challenging countries and disciplines.
Operations and Engineering Division is focused on search and selection of managers and professionals for Production, SCM, Research and Development, Construction, Quality, Design, Technical Sales.
Our Client is an Italian manufacturing company that produce parts for the agricultural and industrial field. We are seeking a:
Plant Operations Manager (and Purchasing)
Based in Qingdao, China
Obtains profit contribution by managing staff and establishing and accomplishing business objectives. Develops strategic plan by studying technological and commercial opportunities; coordinates efforts by establishing procurement, production, marketing, field, and technical services policies and practices; coordinating actions with corporate staff. This position will also interact with the Board of Directors of the Group in Italy.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Coordination and Supervision - Coordinate, manage and monitor the workings of various departments in the organization and firts level management (mainly chinese managers)
- Best Practices - Improve processes and policies in support of organizational goals. Formulate and implement departmental and organizational policies and procedures to maximize output. Monitor adherence to rules, regulations and procedures. The company in China is certified ISO by TUV
- Human Resources - Plan the use of human resources. Organize recruitment and placement of required staff. Establish organizational structures. Delegate tasks and accountabilities. Establish work schedules. Supervise staff. Monitor and evaluate performance.
- Production - Coordinate and monitor the work of various departments involved in production, warehousing, pricing and distribution of goods. Monitor performance and implement improvements. Ensure quality of products. Manage quality and quantity of employee productivity. Manage maintenance of equipment and machinery. Provide technical support where necessary.
- Strategic Input - Liaison with top management. Assist in the development of strategic plans for operational activity. Implement and manage operational plans.
Education and Experience
- College or master degree on industrial technology or industrial engineering, degree in business administration, commerce, or management.
- Industry relevant production experience
- 3/5 years in same position and previous experience in China
- Knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management
- Knowledge of business and management principles and practices
- Knowledge of financial and accounting principles and practices
- Knowledge of human resource principles and practices
- Knowledge of project management principles and practices
- Languages: English, at least basic knowledge of Italian and Chinese is appreciated
Location: Qingdao, China
Send CV to FFlamminio@antal.com / ARoveda@antal.com