Role will head the entire project of worth more than a Billion Dollars in Costa Rica. Looking only for native Spanish speakers.
Job Purpose: Provide Project/Construction Management leadership with an active involvement in Planning, Design and Construction with an emphasis on cost & contract along with strong Document Control. Hire, train and develop team for effective and efficient Development & Construction management function and fully prepare and implement project control procedures and policies.
Key Result Indicators
▪ Lead Program Management Team consisting of the following major functions: Projects Control, Planning and Design Management ,Construction ,Supply Chain (procurement) Planning , Commercial and Contract , Safety , Administration & HR
▪ Responsible for the estimating, scheduling, cost engineering and document control functions.
▪ Planned execution of project and the implementation of this plan in terms of staffing, scheduling and processes.
▪ Manage Construction activities to ensure completion of development within budget and time lines.
▪ Project procedure development and implementation
▪ Management of Construction staff and sub-contractors and, manpower planning and review and coordination with various stakeholders
▪ Coordinating for timely project deliverables, reporting requirement and other contractually required functions and to ensure contract compliance, receipt of required information such as cost, schedule and scope
▪ Close coordination with CEO & BOD on reporting and project status presentations. ▪ Responsible for consolidated Monthly Cost and Status Reports
▪ Preparing of cost budgets for all developments
▪ Assisting with market conditions and potentials
▪ Development and maintenance of a Procurement Schedule.
▪ Managing all delivery Schedule where applicable
▪ Ensure compliance of the deliverables as per the contracts with the homeowners and assist in the final closure and handover of homes the owners.
▪ Review project progress in coordination with the planning & design in-house and external resources and advising CEO of actions to be taken to ensure timely completion of the projects
▪ Responsible for monitoring of the site planning coordination with the site management.
▪ Coordination and advice on the most effective and efficient project phasing and planning.
▪ Value engineering efforts from conception through construction completion.
Minimum Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Required
▪ Minimum 15 years of field experience in Project Controls or related functions as estimating, contract administration, cost controls functions, budget development and analysis on large-scale construction projects.
▪ Hands on experience of construction management
▪ Proficiency with computers and knowledge of most current industry standard computerized project controls applications.
▪ Supervisory skills as well as training ability
▪ Communication skills
▪ Very strong people management skills
▪ Bilingual with fluent command of Spanish and English language
Minimum Education Required
▪ Bachelors/ Masters Degree in related engineering field.
▪ Fifteen years or more experience in cost engineering/controls inclusive of contract administration and construction and project management experience.