An amazing opportunity join a well known global brand based in Uxbridge West London , my client are a leader in their industry who put their employees at the heart of their business , you will be given the opportunity develop, progress and work with passionate people .
We are looking for a experienced Customs and compliance specialists who has experience of managing customs requirements when exporting or exporting from the UK and Ireland
The customs and Compliance specialist will be responsible for ensuring that all import and export shipments into UK and Ireland are accompanied with the correct paperwork and are coded to attract the appropriate tax.
To work with the Finance department to ensure any issues with paperwork or tax are resolved as a matter of priority. Contact person for audits from the HMRC, Federal Office of Economics and Export Control and Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
- fully understand the Custom's requirements when importing or exporting from UK & Ireland
- Manage the Shipping Agents to ensure that delivery processes are efficient and relevant customs clearance paperwork is received
- Ensure customs clearance paperwork has been filled out correctly by external service providers, check entries and challenge any incorrect ones
- Apply the EU tariff and non-tariff measures to ensure a correct application of appropriate and correct duties or relief from duties
- Ensure that errors are reported accurately and in a timely manner
- Work with Finance department on HMRC data received to check their accuracy and follow up any errors
- Ensure that transport related invoices are correct and coded properly for authorisation
- Build Rapport and strengthen relationships with service providers, plants and customers
- To produce a monthly KPI report, highlighting accuracy of paperwork
- To ensure AEO documentation is reviewed and amended regularly
- To develop the system to support the Customs process and automate where possible
- Establish expert knowledge and provide advice to solve specific cases based on his or her knowledge
- Knows and uses the appropriate fall-back procedures in case of a failure of the system
- Ensure annual training for involved parties in foreign trade
· Time Management
· Skilled communicator and presenter
· Professional Networking
· Accuracy - Data Input
· Highly motivated
· Well organised
· Team player
· Successful in working/achieving through others
· Accomplished in sustaining strong customer relationships
· Effective in delivering business models and plans
· Familiar with Supply Chain development
· Expert level of understanding of supply chain processes
Parkside Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Parkside Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.