Job Title: Java Developer
Client: Leading software, services provider to communications and media companies
Salary: Excellent / Competitive Package
Who are we?
If you’re a smartphone user then you are part of an ever more connected and digital world. Client is leading the digital revolution into the future. From virtualized telecommunications networks, Big Data and Internet of Things to mobile financial services, billing and operational support systems, we are continually evolving our business to help you become more connected. We make sure that when you watch a video on YouTube, message friends on SnapChat or send your images on Instagram, you get a great service anytime, anywhere, and on any device. We are at the heart of the telecommunications industry working with giants such as AT&T, Vodafone, Telstra and Telefonica, helping them create an amazing new world for you where technology is being used in amazing new ways every single day.
In one sentence
Responsible for designs, develops, modifies, debugs and/or maintains software systems, Serves as an expert on specific modules, applications or technologies, and deals with complex assignments during the software development life cycle.
What will your job look like?
- You will design, develop, modify, debug and/or maintain software code according to functional, non-functional and technical design specifications.
- The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
- You will follow software engineering standards, applicable software development methodology and release processes, to ensure code is maintainable, scalable , supportable and demo the software products to stakeholders.
All you need is...
- Core Java (7+ years of experience)
- Ability to design/build applications from scratch, you have done so in the past.
- Ability and desire to lead and work with team
- Experience with Agile, ability to break down business stories into technical stories and tasks
- Experience building microservices based architecture
- Experience working with messaging systems (Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, etc)
- Experience with front-end frameworks (React, Angular, Node.js, etc)
- Experience working with Spring Boot Framework, MVC / IoC / JPA
- JPA-compliant persistence frameworks (e.g. EclipseLink, Hibernate)
- Distributed application frameworks (e.g. Hadoop YARN / MapReduce etc.)
- API design and implementation (e.g. when and how to use REST, MoM etc.)
- Unit & integration testing frameworks and best practices (e.g. JUnit, Mockito etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in Science/IT/Computing or equivalent
Why you will love this job:
- You will serve as an expert on specific technology
- You will take an active role in technical mentoring within the team