Monogastric Marketing Manager
This position is responsible for developing and executing the overall strategy for the client`s monogastric product portfolio. The Monogastric Marketing Manager will drive the marketing strategy across the EMENA region (Europe, Middle East and North Africa), and for this strategy execution the person will work in close collaboration with the research department, other marketing team members and the commercial team. The product portfolio to be managed by this function includes the nutritional products as well as the health programme as key brands.
This position will lead and support a team of product managers and technical service managers who work on dedicated monogastric solutions.
The client, a nutritional ingredients manufacturer, is looking for a people leader who has knowledge of the agricultural business and who has a strong technical background in combination with a market oriented and business skill set. Knowledge of the monogastric market would be of an advantage.
The candidate must want to work in an international environment, lead a team and be prepared to travel throughout the EMENA region.
- Work in close collaboration with R&D on relevant research projects to develop new innovations
- Coordinate relevant R&D projects and guide the innovation project management
- Responsible to collect feedback from the market in order to develop the innovation strategy
- Develop the monogastric strategy and actively support the implementation
- Lead the development and growth of the monogastric business platform
- Manage the team, motivating and coaching of the team to achieve short term and long term objectives
- Give presentations to customers and at events / seminars
- Provide strategic and budgetary direction for the business activities
- Interact closely with the commercial team to effectively answer customer needs to innovation projects
- Ensure that the marketing support and package is available
- Interact with the other colleagues at WW level within the company to share experiences
- Work with external third parties to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities
- Achieve the budgeted sales & margin for the monogastric portfolio
- Through working with the commercial team, define the pricing policy to meet revenue and profitability goals
- Travel frequently throughout the EMENA region
- Educated to degree or higher degree level in a scientific, agricultural or other relevant discipline
- Experience in a technical/scientific business environment – understanding the voice of the nutritionist and veterinarians
- Industrial experience in the agricultural sector
- Professional track record of successfully taking products to market
- Provide leadership to set priorities, delegate responsibilities, and meet timetables leading to the attainment of company’s strategic goals. Strategic thinking in combination with a hands-on practical approach
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills are needed
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to present ideas effectively and communicate well with all levels
- Experience in a management role
- A high degree of personal motivation, a desire to make an immediate contribution and a sense of urgency
- Must be fluent in English
This position is based in Belgium.
For more information or a (confidential) discussion, please contact:
+31 20 751 6100