Our client is a leading IT infrastructure company based in central Denmark with clients in Denmark and across the Nordic region. The company is preparing to accelerate the expansion of its business in both Denmark and internationally in 2019 and is looking to hire a best-in-class professional to help drive and support their business goals.
Job title: COO
This leading senior management role has overall responsibility for the operation and maintenance of the company's IT infrastructure platforms, including management of operating consultants. This position is based in central Denmark.
This key role works closely with executive management, sales management, marketing, product marketing and finance. In addition, the role also includes proactively contributing to the development requirements of the company’s technology, and participation in management team meetings regarding the operations and management of the company.
- The position of COO includes the following but not only responsibilities:
- Operation and maintenance of the company's IT infrastructure including backup and storage platforms based on the most optimal and cost-effective technologies for the company
- Management/leadership of highly technical skilled business consultants and service delivery management
- Implement and operate the capacity management of the company's production system
- Financial budgeting/forecasting of investments and operational expenses
- Develop and maintain business processes, methods, standards and tools primarily related to the delivery solution and secondarily related to other areas of the company
- Ensure that the company's IT operation / infrastructure meets ISO27001 regulations at all times
- Enforce agreed operating KPI / SLAs with external customers
- Managing customer projects involving operational consultant resources and projects in relation to internal improvement projects
- Service Delivery Management – customer reporting and monthly operational meetings
In addition, our client considers the following qualities are necessary to achieve success:
- Focus and motivate yourself and your team to achieve set goals, budgets and results, regardless of challenges
- Highly structured work approach to enforce processes with team members and clients
- Supporting colleagues who are not naturally self-starters
- Constantly display a positive attitude even when faced with pessimistic attitudes, establishing your authority and setting the example to comply with schedules and deadlines and deal with issues that may arise along the way
- Be direct and persistent when ideas need to be formulated, exchanged and tested in order to establish solutions to problems
- Adding intensity and speed to situations, demonstrating a proactive approach, being willing to stay "involved" to increase pace and ensure achievement of goals
- At ease with building strong long term client relationships
- Extensive experience from a similar role
- Time tested ability to “get stuff done” in a production services environment; i.e. in applications, production and development
- Comprehensive IT environment understanding and appreciation coupled with a tested ability to manage multiple projects and incidents at the same time with confidence inspiring ease.
- Proven experience in driving teams in meeting SLA’s, maintaining and developing client relationships on all levels and delivering a commensurate communications schedule – both verbally and in writing, and producing highly detailed professional reports to the customer
- Excellent oral and written English and Danish
- Deep knowledge about IT security, compliance and ISO27001 processes
- Must either be a Danish national or have a valid permit to work in Denmark