SENIOR QUANTITY SURVEYOR
Job Brief Require a full-time Senior Quantity Surveyor for our upcoming high-rise towers. He will be responsible for all the cost related tasks throughout the complete life cycle of a construction project. Responsibilities to include preparing costs plans, contracts, procurements, budgets, measure and assess the variations to the construction works and contractor’s claims for changes, evaluate contractor’s monthly interim payment applications and identify areas of concern and assess their potential impact upon the project budget.
Responsibilities to include:
• Responsible for estimating the quantities and cost of various works/ work packages directly from the drawings and specifications. Also, to coordinate with the Consultants and Project Managers in the related field.
• Plan and execute cost effective procurement activities of provisional sum items, PC Rate Items and various direct supply items through extensive coordination, price evaluation, negotiations by applying value engineering and cost benefit analysis.
• Initiate & analyze pre-qualification of Consultants, Contractors, suppliers, sub contractors, sub consultants and sub suppliers
• Responsible for the tendering activities in appointing consultants, contractors, suppliers etc., through successful bid assistance for tender requirements, review, ensure compliance and fulfilling the technical requirements and cost compliance, which includes Tender invitation, Tender Analysis, Tender report, coordination and interaction with the Tenderers etc
• Develop & plan as and when required to source various competent contractors, consultants and suppliers for partnering in the future projects and manage the existing ones through current market analysis, effective negotiation and liaison. Identify the sources of various materials and PC rate items.
• Coordinate with the Project Managers, Consultants etc. in the areas of RFIs (request for information)pertaining to the procurement of the contract packages, particularly, PS and PC rate packages, This include Identifying the procurement requirements, preparing the tender schedule, tender process, award finalization, RFIs (request for information) , post award clarifications, meetings etc.
• Drafting Agreements for various packages.
• Drafting/assisting in preparation of contractual letters.
• To measure works on site and from drawings including competence with electronic measurement systems.
• Review and Validate Payment Certificates Variation Orders and Claims of Contractors and Consultants.
• Assisting/advising project team in contractual correspondence and reviewing/assisting in drafting contractual documents.
• Monitoring the project cost against the project budget.
• Prepare final account statements and other financial certificates as required in accordance with the respective forms of contract
• Bachelor’s degree in quantity surveying/civil engineering with minimum 10 years’ experience in working on high-rise commercial and residential towers in UAE with large and reputed consultants / Property Developers / large contracting companies in the above fields, would be preferable
• Knowledge of Contracting Practices and preparation of Tender Documents / Bills of Quantities
• Familiar with FIDIC Form of Contracting in all its forms
• Excellent knowledge of MS Excel/Word and Auto Cad.
• Knowledge of Standard Method of Measurement of construction works
• Excellent technical grounding in all aspects of quantity surveying or cost management is essential
• Experience of advising clients on Value management, Value Engineering and Life Cycle costing
• UAE Experience in high-rise residential and commercial towers is a must.
• Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) accreditation is desirable.
• Ability to speak read and write in English fluently
• Dynamic and enterprising
• Strong inter-personal, organizational and presentation skills