• BDM will be responsible for building new key customer relationships as well as identifying new business opportunities to provide facility management services.
• Responsible for arranging client meetings, visiting suppliers and consultants and generally opening the door for the company technical teams to develop proposals for work as well as attending industry functions, organizing marketing events.
• Provide guidance and leadership to department employees to ensure effective and efficient flow of work
• Achieving sales targets and securing and closing new contracts in UAE
• New business development, and managing existing accounts, contracts and renewals.
• Job costing, tenders, pricing and commercial documentation.
• BD Manager is involved in both strategic planning and day-to-day operations, particularly in relation to buildings and premises.
• Likely areas of responsibility include soft & hard services.
• Appreciation of the tender process with regards to commercial and public sector procurement are also key attributes will need to demonstrate.
• Preparing documents to put out tenders for contractors
• Project management and supervising and coordinating work of contractors.
• Calculating and comparing costs for required goods or services to achieve maximum value for money.
• Planning for future development in line with strategic business objectives.
• Managing and leading change to ensure minimum disruption to core activities.
• Responding appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise
• Direct and oversee the activities of FM Strategy & Business Development Department, aiming at identifying, analyzing and recommending specific business opportunities for the profitable growth and diversification of FM.
• Developing the marketing strategy for the company in line with company objectives.
• Coordinating marketing campaigns with sales activities.
• Overseeing the company’s sales and marketing budget.
• Communicate and discuss the departments guidelines and procedures with employees to ensure responsibilities, authorities and accountabilities are defined and understood
• Bachelor's Degree (ideally Engineering discipline)
• Experience (experience required for the job)
• Hands-on facilities management background.
• Essential to have technical knowledge
• Must have recent UAE FM experience
• A proven sales track record within Facilities Management
• Min 5yrs experience in Business Development
• UAE Driving License .
Skills (general job knowledge and skills)
• Ability to develop, define and articulate Strategy business plans
• FM industry awareness and commercial orientation
• UAE market and competitor knowledge
• Budgeting & costing skills
• Ability to prepare business cases, write reports and procedure/process manuals
• Good organizational and time management skills & a proven ability to adhere to deadlines
• Strong business account management & sales approach with strong business management practices
• Confident and dynamic personality