Summary & Main Purpose
To support the process of effectively driving the Supply Chain as well as provide an accurate demand plan to guide the shipment plan.
The demand planner will play a key role in the Sales Inventory and Operations Planning process (S&OP) by collaborating with the Supply Chain teams, Sales, Marketing, Brand companies, and Finance Teams to ensure alignment in strategy between the forecast and financial plans.
Role & Responsibilities
• Maintain and continuously analyze SKU wise Market and Customer group forecasts in the system as part of a monthly process cycle for a specific product category or customer.
• Identify and report significant promotional evaluations for key customers; ensuring exceptions are reviewed with Commercial, Supply Planning and Customer Services in a timely fashion
• To develop, implement and rigorously control all Demand Planning processes and procedures to ensure that customer demand is satisfied at the lowest possible cost to the business.
• Assess actual sell out performance in comparison to plan to determine variances and relay findings; for ongoing items make recommendations based on findings for forward forecast revisions
• Develop inventory management plans to support projects and promotions.
• Maintain and update master files [items, vendors, etc.] - with support from the Purchase Executive.
• Achieve consensus on operating plans and inventory goals.
• University degree holder preferred in Supply Chain/Logistics/Operations/Business Management.
Accounting background will be an added advantage.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in product planning and/ or supply chain in the FMCG, Retail industry.
• Great working knowledge of Supply Chain Metrics.
• Team player with experience of working in a highly cross-functional organization.
• Hardworking, action-oriented, and results driven.
• Strong English skills (written/spoken) are mandatory.
• Proficiency in MS Office suite. Strong skills in Microsoft Excel.