Principle Responsibilities & Position Purpose:
Accountable for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards.
- Liaise closely with the Food & Beverage department on various operational and cost related issues.
- Prepare the costing for recipes and menus prepared by the Executive Chef and suggests the selling price.
- Perform test checking on the receiving of goods at the restaurant and see that the procedures are followed correctly.
- Perform random test counts in the stores.
- Prepare daily flash report of food costs.
- Attend major banquet events with open bar.
- Prepare P&L statement of major banqueting events.
- Prepare event revenue breakdown summary.
- Verify daily outlet void control sheets.
- Verify outlet open item report to see the correct pricing has been applied and take necessary action in input the recurring items in the POSsystem.
- Randomly test the inventory of outlets by reconciling the opening stock with the closing stock, taking account of store issuesand sales.
- Verify and approved outlet food & beverage requisitions and forward them to Stores.
- Scrutinize requisitions for special events.
- Transfer POS(micros) revenue data and run the potential usage report.
- Prepare costing of invoices of imported items.
- Verify and record beverages received free of cost.
- Review and verify spoilage.
- Prepare general store issue reports on weekly basis.
- Perform market surveys once in six months, necessary amendments should be made to the standard list of suppliers for food & beverage, in liaison with the Executive Chef and Finance Manager
- Analyze and prepare entertainment, complimentary, employee relation & employee meals cost at month end.
- Prepare inventory variation report.
- Prepare cost controllers report.
- Advice all concerned, raise alarms when expenses and costs are high and are not in line with revenues generated.