Education: MBA HR/ MSW / MHRM
Job Related Experience: Min 7 years’ experience in any manufacturing organization with an employee headcount of 400 and above is a must for this role.
Business Understanding: Understanding of business in a manufacturing setup with high volume production.
Exposure to HR regulations of UAE
Excellent communication skills (Verbal & written)
Local language proficiency (verbal)
Recruitment & Selection:
• Responsible for ensuring that recruitment happens as per the approved manpower plan
• Verify non-budgeted requirement, analyze the need for them and clarify. Coordinate with HR head in this regard and obtain his approval
• Initiate recruitment process by identifying mode of sourcing candidates i.e. via existing database, advertisements or external consultants
• Ensure appropriate screening, shortlisting and preliminary interviews.
• Implement the recruitment process effectively to get the right candidates on board.
• Coordinate with interviewers to get details about the candidates so as to work on fitment and release the order.
• Monitor recruitment budget and ensure that it is within the limit
• Design and implement a comprehensive Induction policy and process.
• Facilitate design of suitable induction programs (General and specific programs) for different employees in different levels based on their job profile.
• Ensure effective implementation of induction programs at all levels. Coach Unit HR team to effectively implement induction programs.
• Directly handle manager level inductions
• Review and evaluate effectiveness of Induction and provide feedback to the new incumbent / inducting managers / Unit HR Support visa procedures and necessary permits for foreign nationals / expats. Follow up on Visa process.
• Facilitate goal setting exercise for all executives and above category of people.
• Ensure establishment of clear KPIs in line with business requirements and enable alignment.
• Work with the department heads and support them to evaluate impartially, provide constructive feedback and counselling to the employees where required.
• Facilitate effective and objective appraisal process and completion of appraisal on time.
• Compile the appraisal results, validate, fine tune and finalize the increments / promotions along with the top management
• Work on suitable career development programs for star performers in manager and above cadre. Support the unit HR team to implement the career development initiatives.
Training and Development
• Responsible for training need assessment based on inputs from appraisal and training need analysis forms
• Consolidate training needs, and evolve training plan and calendar
• Coordinate with internal and external trainers to arrange for training
program and implement as per the plan
• Evaluate training program through pre-tests and post-tests, group discussions and feedback from trainers
• Maintain training records of employees and ensure that they are retrained if required.
• Adhere to GMP guidelines while implementing training process and system.
Manpower Planning and Budgeting
• Responsible for circulation of manpower requirements on an annual basis. Collect inputs from various functional Heads
• Facilitate proper manpower planning through discussion with HOD and HR head.
• Incorporate the final manpower plan into the manpower budget
• Coordinate with the finance team to facilitate finalization of budget
• Study market scenario pertaining to compensation for unskilled, semi-skilled and multi-skilled labourers. Recommend suitable compensation package for permanent and contract labourers.
• Fix salaries / increments based on capabilities assessed (PMS /Recruitment) and ensure maintenance of budget within limits.
• Plan employee engagement programs based on requirements, implement activities and evaluate its effectiveness.
• Conduct Employee satisfaction surveys and plan engagement activities based on employee needs and expectations.
• Handle resignations, retirements and termination as per the company policy.
• Compile exit interview data and provide valuable information, suggestions, and employees’ opinions to the management and facilitate improvements within the organization.
• Ensure proper handing over / knowledge transfer – taking over formalities before the exit of the resigned employee