Job Designation: CHIEF ACCOUNTANT - Native Arabic / French speaker - Dubai
Department: Finance Department
- Responsible for knowing critical functions within the department and capable of mentoring and assisting employees within the department.
- Utilize teamwork to develop departmental synergy.
- Monitors compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and company procedures.
- Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports.
- Assures compliance with federal, state, local and corporate policies, regulations and laws.
- Reviews accounts payables and weekly check runs.
- Determines proper handling of financial transactions and approves transactions within designated limits.
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to general ledger accounts, cost centers and documents business transactions.
- Responsible for distributing financial statements and cost center reports.
- Prepares work papers and supporting schedules for the annual financial review.
- Staff management and development.
- Distributes monthly comparison reports and cost center reports according to schedules.
- Prepares financial statements and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected company financial position.
- Analyze transactional processes and identify areas where additional accuracies and efficiencies can be achieved.
- Closely maintains and monitors the fixed assets system.
- Adheres to internal and external deadlines.
- Applies cost accounting methods to achieve accurate representation of cost center performance.
- Responsible for holding manufacturing plant management accountable for accuracy and timeliness of inventory controls and cost controls.
- Assist with annual budgets – prepares all allocations;
- Coordinate monthly closing process and reconciliation of general ledger accounts.
- Responsible for all taxes obligations.
- Support the Company’s mission, vision, values and goals in the performance of daily activities.
- Develop and implement various accounting procedures.
- Preparation of the monthly statutory accounts and consolidated financial statements
- Work with both internal and external auditors during financial and operational audits.
- Maintain system of accounts and keep records on all company transactions and assets.
- Report, analyze, and ensure integrity of all financial information.
- Bachelor’s degree in business and accounting or partly qualified CIMA, ACCA, ACA or CMA
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and strong all round accounting skills
- 5+ years’ experience working within a Finance team for a medium/large size business in manufacturing.
- Previous experience of managing a small team
- Exposure to group financial reporting is preferable.
- Exposure to SAGE ERP would be an advantage.
- Excellent MS Excel skills