Department: Finance Department
· Responsible for knowing critical functions within the department and capable of mentoring and assisting employees within the department.
· Utilize teamwork to develop departmental synergy.
· Monitors compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and company procedures.
· Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports.
· Assures compliance with federal, state, local and corporate policies, regulations and laws.
· Reviews accounts payables and weekly check runs.
· Determines proper handling of financial transactions and approves transactions within designated limits.
· Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to general ledger accounts, cost centers and documents business transactions.
· Responsible for distributing financial statements and cost center reports.
· Prepares work papers and supporting schedules for the annual financial review.
· Staff management and development.
· Distributes monthly comparison reports and cost center reports according to schedules.
· Prepares financial statements and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected company financial position.
· Analyze transactional processes and identify areas where additional accuracies and efficiencies can be achieved.
· Closely maintains and monitors the fixed assets system.
· Adheres to internal and external deadlines.
· Applies cost accounting methods to achieve accurate representation of cost center performance.
· Responsible for holding manufacturing plant management accountable for accuracy and timeliness of inventory controls and cost controls.
· Assist with annual budgets – prepares all allocations;
· Coordinate monthly closing process and reconciliation of general ledger accounts.
· Responsible for all taxes obligations.
· Support the Company’s mission, vision, values and goals in the performance of daily activities.
· Develop and implement various accounting procedures.
· Preparation of the monthly statutory accounts and consolidated financial statements
· Work with both internal and external auditors during financial and operational audits.
· Maintain system of accounts and keep records on all company transactions and assets.
· Report, analyze, and ensure integrity of all financial information.
· Bachelor’s degree in business and accounting or partly qualified CIMA, ACCA, ACA or CMA
· Must have excellent interpersonal skills and strong all round accounting skills
· 15+ years overall experience with 5+ years’ experience working within a Finance team for a medium/large size business in manufacturing.
· Previous experience of managing a small team
· Exposure to group financial reporting is preferable.
· Exposure to SAGE ERP would be an advantage.
· Excellent MS Excel skills