Conducts independent review of assigned organizational and functional activities, evaluates the adequacy and effectiveness of the management controls over those activities, conducts audit assignments in accordance with accepted professional standards, reports audit findings and makes recommendations for correction of unsatisfactory conditions.
Responsibilities and duties:
1. Perform or assist in performing evaluation of significant risks & controls and ensuring comprehensive audit coverage for all activities under review including compliance with prescribed policies & procedures and relevant laws & regulations.
2. Assist in planning the scope of audit.
3. Assist in determining the auditing procedures to be used, including statistical sampling and the use of electronic data processing tools.
4. Identify and evaluate the key control points.
5. Evaluate or assist in evaluating system’s effectiveness through application of knowledge of business systems, including financial, manufacturing, engineering, procurement, sales, other operations and support functions.
6. Perform audit in a professional manner and in accordance with established guidelines.
7. Obtain, analyze, and appraise evidentiary data as a basis for an informed, objective opinion on the adequacy and effectiveness of the system and the efficiency of performance of the activities being reviewed.
8. Prepare or assist in preparing issue summary, expressing opinions on the adequacy and effectiveness of the system and the efficiency with which activities are carried out.
9. Discuss with process owners during and at the conclusion of the examination, deficiencies and corrective action / improvements.
10. Assist in preparing formal reports, expressing opinions on the adequacy and effectiveness of the system and the efficiency with which activities are carried out.
11. Appraise or assist in appraising, the adequacy of the corrective action taken to improve deficient conditions.
12. Guide and manage subordinates in performing audits and other assignments.