- Experience in carrying out Building Services (Air-Conditioning, Drainage, Domestic water, Fire Protection, LPG etc) design to ASHRAE, CIBSE, NFPA, International and British Standards and Local municipality and Utility Authority regulations
- Coordinate with Architects, Structural Engineers and Mechanical Engineers and any other design consultants
- Design proficiencies in HVAC, plumbing, drainage, fire protection, smoke control and Building Automation systems
- Coordinate the MEP design and execution between Engineer and contractors/subcontractors
- Review & Ensure that MEP procurement strategy is practical and efficient
- Carry out arithmetical checks and independent design checks of Consultants design and design reviews in accordance with Quality procedures
- Responsible for the correctness and accuracy of their own work and the work of the team
- Complete engineering work within the agreed programme,
- Should attend regular meetings (on work progress, coordination, design, etc.) with Main Contractor and Consultant to discuss key issues related to the project and take effective corrective actions.
- Participate in value engineering activities to ensure delivery of maximum value of mechanical engineering/services
- Conducting reviews of engineering options and evaluations to validate the robust nature of new products and design solutions.
- To coordinate with other design disciplines as required on a day-to-day basis or as set out by the project requirements
- Review all designs for its buildability and ensure it is fit for purpose.
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering. In addition, membership of a recognized professional institution is preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in high-rise residential and commercial towers Minimum 7 years’ experience in Middle East
- Experience of Mechanical design software -- Computer design package E-20, IES Design Suite, Hevacomp.
- Understanding of British, American and International design standards
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English
- Good report writing skills, experience of making presentations to and attending meetings with clients is essential
- Experience of dealing with contractors and construction activities
Get Jobs Like This By Email
Email This Job To A Friend