· Deal with the suppliers for the purchases i.e. furniture, office equipment, tools and equipment, work shop consumables, kitchen, laundry, restaurants, engineering, signage and all
· Ensure the delivery and the items purchased are as per the department’s specifications and requirements.
· Build and maintain good relationships with new and existing suppliers.
· Negotiate and agree contracts, monitoring the quality of service provided.
· Forecast price trends and their impact on future activities.
· Develop a purchasing strategy.
· Evaluate bids and make recommendations, based on commercial and technical factors.
· Coordinate with Department Heads if needed.
· Coordinate with accounts department in financing the purchases if needed.
· Supervise and ensure that the purchased items are received in good condition and acknowledged by the concerned head of concerned department.
· Verify budget approval, request for quotations, and meet with suppliers.
· Ensure effective negotiation based on market pricing.
· Control outgoing correspondence for the department.
· Handle Petty Cash.
· Seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers.
· Determine the quantity and timing of deliveries.
· Train and supervise the work of other members of staff.
· Continuously comparison shops and negotiates to make sure the company gets the best possible prices on needed supplies
· Experience (experience required for the job)
· Minimum of 5 to 8 years’ purchasing/procurement experience at managerial level.
· Certified Purchase Professionals Training (CPP) – desirable.
· Bachelors Degree in any faculty.