Currently working with one of the UK’s leading retails and through growth and development are currently seeking to recruit and experience footwear technologist to join their team
- Responsible for taking the product, from development through all the stages to product delivery, ensuring consistency throughout.
- Ensure that all products conform to the latest UK Health and Safety legislation.
- Supplier Quality Assurance, to work with suppliers to reduce non-compliance issues.
- Manage and monitor supply base and identify product placement, right supplier- right product.
- Ensure the designs that are created are engineered within our cost structure and make up capabilities.
- Design pack development handover and critical path: Ensure the correct technical data is completed, working to the critical path dates to ensure pack handover is achieved on time.
- Risk assessment pre-production: Identify critical footwear and risk areas and conduct internal pre-production tests.
- Critical Path: Ensure that all seals process/tests are achieved at each stage to critical path dates.
- Wearer Trials: Identify new and on-going product for wearer trials. Identifying any potential issues on key lines.
To be considered for this position candidates must have;
- Experience of working with footwear is essential.
- A successful candidate must be certified in either footwear or textile testing.
- Have a strong background of working with High Street retailers.
- Prior experience of setting up new processes and analysing there success and impact on the business.
- It is essential that you are a strong and clear communicator who has the ability to work with overseas production bases.
- The ability to work under their own initiative, and part of a team.
- A background in a similar role is desirable.