Our client’s Restructuring is widely regarded as the leading advisory and formal insolvency practice in Scotland. The team delivers stakeholder / lender side advisory work, company side advisory and formal insolvency (principally Administrations, Liquidations, Receiverships and Sequestrations appointments). The work extends to the full spectrum of businesses from sole traders and partnerships, to small and medium sized entities through to large multinationals, all typically experiencing some form of stress or distress.
With 100 staff operating from four offices across Scotland, we offer a lively and stimulating working environment. No two assignments are the same, with staff continuously challenged to find the optimum solution within legislative, practical and commercial constraints, often working to deadlines and in pressurised situations.
An opportunity has become available for a highly motivated individual to become part of our Corporate Restructuring Team within the Edinburgh and Glasgow office.
Your primary responsibilities within the team will be to:
- work alongside case managers and engagement leaders on corporate and sequestration insolvency assignments.
- assume ownership of a portfolio of cases, of typically 15 to 25 insolvencies, with responsibility for the day to day administration of the cases. This will involve proactive case progression, asset realisations, ensuring statutory compliance and management of discreet aspects of larger assignments.
- liaison with third party stakeholders, including debtors, creditors, employees, directors, shareholders, and other interested parties.
- co-ordinate and manage third party agents undertaking work on our behalf.
- action and respond to all correspondence generated from your portfolio of cases ensuring that queries are dealt with effectively. Produce correspondence, minutes, file notes, emails and faxes, schedules and analysis.
- attend to any other administrative task required by the role.
- assistance in arranging and attending local marketing / training events.
The Individual will:
- be interested in a career in insolvency with a willingness to learn quickly and operate as part of a team.
- be interested in commercial and financial matters and are able to demonstrate practical common sense.
- have the ability to assess the various alternatives for dealing with specific case issues and present suggestions to the case manager to maximise the outcome for the creditors.
- possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, being able to confidently and articulately deal with all parties (operational and financial, and at all levels) in what can be stressed situations.
- have good time management and organisational skills together with the ability to prioritise tasks to ensure that deadlines are met.
- be able to produce high quality, detailed and accurate work, demonstrating a conscientious attitude in all aspects of your work.
- be able to work innovatively and ‘self start’, either individually or as part of a team.
- travel out with the Edinburgh and Glasgow office as required and occasionally at short notice. Your work will be split between our client’s office in Edinburgh and Glasgow, other client offices and client sites.
Technical Skills as follows:
- Outlook (Basic level)
- A good knowledge of Excel
- A high standard of letter writing
- Prior experience of insolvency is not required
- 4 Highers/equivalent including Maths and English (B grades or better)
- a university degree
- 2 references available on request
If you are really excited about this role and believe it can be a good fit with your previous profile and experience, please send an email with a cover letter and CV attached to NAkram@antal.com.