To identify, facilitate and coordinate continuous improvement activities within Mini-Factory 1, focusing on key quality parameters identified from the factory quality deployments. This position is to work within the MIRS (Modular Integrated Robotized System) department and work within the R&D team.
Key Tasks for role
1. Lead Quality Improvement Teams, to ensure that project objectives and deadlines are met
2. To identify the need for Quality related training and where necessary carry out the training.
3. Actively support project teams for the introduction of new/modified processes and equipment.
4. Ensure that all relevant quality systems and documentation are maintained and updated within the MF1 area.
5. To help resolve issues with product processes and waste
* Reduction in Waste.
* Continuous Improvement of process quality levels.
Personal / Professional:
* Innovator / facilitator / Co-coordinator, willing to challenge the status-quo. Able to drive forward improvement activities, using sound methodology and professional integrity.
* Degree level in a relevant subject area or within Automotive
* Excellent people management skills and an effective communicator.
* Be self-motivated and focused.
* High level of resilience.
* Good IT skills.
Education and Qualifications
Any professional qualification relating to quality
Minimum industrial placement during degree
At least two years’ experience within a manufacturing industry
Continuous improvement techniques
Knowledge of problem solving techniques
Waste reduction methods
Six Sigma (green belt)
Skills and competencies
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Good IT Skills: competent in using MS Office Suite
Ability to work in a team
Ability to listen to understand information and ideas
Ability to drive forward improvement activities
IT Skill Competent in JMP or similar statistical analysis software
Facilitation and team leadership
Building relationships and networking
Personal Qualities and Behaviors
Eager to learn and develop within the company flair and enthusiasm for quality