My client is one of the leading providers of packaging solutions in the world, with around 40,000 employees and revenue of over 8 billion Euros. The Company has a long standing focus on high and very consistent product quality and excellent service.
They are currently looking to recruit a Predictive Maintenance Technician at their site in the West Midlands. Reporting to the Mechanical Team Leader, the successful applicant will be required to diagnose, and monitor the condition of equipment periodically and on a continuous basis, keeping the unplanned downtime to a minimum. You will be required to carry out condition monitoring tasks utilising nondestructive testing technologies, to include infrared, acoustic (ultrasonic), vibration analysis, sound level measurement, and oil analysis, all of which an understanding would be advantageous.
The successful candidate will be able to:
· Maintain, operate and develop the predictive maintenance systems and routines.
· Adopt any changes in technology and equipment that are necessary to ensure the smooth running of the plant and equipment under your control.
· To ensure that a predictive Maintenance system is in place that will comprise Vibration Analysis (on-line and route based), regular oil sampling and analysis, thermal imaging of mechanical and electrical systems and review on a regular basis.
· Continually review and update all routine and predictive maintenance programmes.
· Carry out maintenance on equipment during non-planned and planned maintenance shuts in a timely manner, and to communicate any problems or delays to the Departmental Team Leader immediately to avoid delaying the start-up of the machine.
· Undertake projects of improvement, extension or modification or equipment in order to optimise efficiency, reliability and safety.
· Communicate and assist other departments during the evaluation and rectification of multidiscipline breakdowns ensuring immediate rectification work is carried out.
· Use analytical techniques to determine root causes and frequency of failure and assist in the development of predictive measures.
· Develop reports to track KPI’s and machine condition.
· Actively use your skills and knowledge to assist or lead, when required, your colleagues during operations, breaks and machine shuts to maximise process efficiencies and uptime.
· To act as site contact for contract labour and to control and coordinate as necessary in line with company procedures.
· Commit to and actively support the continued development of the company, its process and its people.
· Maintain and develop your skills to keep up with the demands of changing technology, working practice and flexible working and to assist with the development and training of colleagues.