Certifier (process and / or machinery) in Functional Safety applications.
Role responsible for the delivery of hardware and software safety assessments to electrical / electronic or programmable electronics products to Functional Safety Standards, in particular IEC 61508.
Responsibility for the preparation of quotations, providing technical support, preparing assessment reports based upon applicable standard. Products assessed against published standards such as IEC 61508 / IEC 61511/ ISO 26262 or IEC 62061 or ISO 13849.
Primary responsibilities and duties include:
· Performing functional safety assessments for functional safety SIL designated products
· Providing assessments and verification to IEC/ISO published standards
· Delivering FMEA functional safety analysis
· Identification of safety critical functions
· Responding to technical sales enquiries
· Preparation of project quotation proposals and scope of deliverables for clients, working with the Commercial team as necessary
· Conducting on-site assessments and/or technical audits at client facilities
· Management of client relations, including the determination of their assessment needs and the setting of appropriate service delivery expectations
· Sharing of knowledge with other staff and the company as a whole through written or verbal communications and training events
· Degree in electrical / electronics, software engineering or equivalent
· A minimum of 3 years experience in Certification or Research and Development
· In depth understanding of electrical / electronic circuity and a broad exposure to different complex control circuits
· Likely to have a background in electronic design, preferable with safety software development
· Familiar with embedded hardware design and software design for safety critical safety systems
· Knowledge of functional safety standards such as IEC 60730 -1 a distinct advantage
· Ability to manage several projects at once
· Good communicator, works well as part of a team