The client is accredited for these activities by the United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS) and is appointed as a ‘notified body’ by the UK Government under European Directives.
The client is a £10M business employing 90 people.
A Senior Technician is required to join our team working in our new purpose built, UKAS accredited, laboratory in support of our Product Certification business. Tests undertaken at our Hawarden laboratory cover a wide range of electrical and mechanical tests on equipment for use in potentially explosive atmospheres (Ex Products), for which the necessary training would be given.
Duties would include:
· Conducting test work on products, following documented test procedures while working to deadlines
· Mentor to the more junior members of the lab team, ensuring the development of skills and experience for the lab as a whole
· Calibration and maintenance of test equipment
· Logging and identification of customer test samples
· Preparing internal test reports
Experience & Skills
· Experience of working in a laboratory environment conducting instrument/environmental testing would be beneficial, as would experience of working to the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025.
· Excellent written and verbal communication (English) together with a good level of computer literacy
· Formal qualification in either mechanical, electrical or electronics would be beneficial.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a team of certification specialists and to develop in this interesting and fulfilling role.