Great opportunity for geotechnical professionals - in the UK!
Geotechnical engineering Technician position – United Kingdom
The role includes:
- Identification and characterization of site won materials from the GI reports.
- Assist in the development and implementation of earthworks quality control plan as per project specification.
- Understand the requirements of relevant BS EN standards with regards to earthworks and Eurocode 7 part 2.
- Ability to log Trial Pits/boreholes in accordance with BS5930 (or ISO14688/14689) Geotechnical as well as a geological understanding of the strata is necessary.
- Experience in interpreting geotechnical tests (ISO17892).
- Ability to differentiate various geomaterials onsite and advise project team with regards to suitability and use.
- Assist Project Engineers in drafting plans for optimum use of site won materials
- Prepare daily / weekly progress reports in accordance with the requirements of the project quality plan
- Conducting various field tests on soils, concrete, aggregates in accordance with relevant BS EN Standards.
- Supervise and train junior staff in materials testing and borehole/trial pit logging.
- Prepare laboratory and site daily reports and other office tasks as required
- Provide excellent customer service and commitment to technical excellence and other related duties
Essential Experience / Skills
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant site and laboratory experience in a geotechnical engineering organization carrying out ground investigations / geotechnical testing.
- Recognized Qualification in Geotechnical engineering will be a plus however verifiable experience of required skillset may be substituted.
- Valid driver’s license
- CSCS card
- Excellent technical writing skills
- Working knowledge of workplace health & safety practices
- Excellent organizational skills, interested in personal and technical advancement
- Ability to act independently and have good computer skills (Excel, Word)
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and good ability to handle the pressure
Excellent oral and written English.
This position will involve travel and the applicants must be willing to work flexible hours.
Please send your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org.