My client, a fully integrated infrastructure solutions business which specialises in delivering improved operating performance of commercial and industrial facilities focusing upon three key delivery areas - Engineering Consultancy, Operations & Maintenance and Energy Trading.
Operating on a 24/7 basis, they provide quality service and have been shaped by a strong history in managing, operating and maintaining some of Europe’s largest industrial facilities.
They are currently in a position to recruit an EC&I Engineer at their site in the North East.
This job description details the requirements for the role of EC&I Engineer, reporting directly to the O&M Support Manager. To provide professional engineering support to operated sites both in the UK, offshore and overseas ensuring asset integrity and reliability is maintained in a manner consistent with delivering customer requirements.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF ROLE
It is the responsibility of the EC&I Engineer to give support to the operated sites and ensure safety and availability of all EC&I plant including statutory compliance of that plant. In addition to support the development of proposals for new business opportunities, provision of consultancy, project and outage management.
- Perform the role of ‘Project Manager’ for appropriate Revenue and Capital Projects;
- Manage improvement/change projects
- Provide technical support to maintenance and operational staff
- Solve engineering plant problems outside the capability of the site maintenance team
- Support cross functional improvement processes;
- Perform technical training
- Develop and implement engineering procedures, instructions, standards, guidance documents
- Set and champion engineering standards across sites where appropriate
- Ensure compliance with codal and regulatory requirements
- Contribute to engineering auditing programme, as required
- Assist in providing functional design specifications on any new plant developments or projects, ensuring compliance with all relevant standards
- Play an active role in plant safety schemes such as Near Hits or Incident Investigations, providing support where required and actively implement any recommendations arising from those schemes
- To act as Outage Manager, as required, for any planned or unscheduled shutdowns, to ensure all aspects of EC&I work are completed to programme, in a safe and efficient manner.
- Establish strong, effective relationships with all members of the OMST Team and its key customers – internal and external
- Undertake assigned audits, in line with both internal & external compliance requirements, communicating outcomes, supporting & driving actions
- Act as a central contact and information point for other departments on designated matters
- Support the development of proposal and delivery for new business opportunities, including due diligence, consultancy and mobilisation
- To portray the position of EC&I Engineer in a positive and professional manner
HNC / HND in electrical, control or instrumentation engineering discipline / Degree in electrical, control or instrumentation engineering discipline.
Chartered or equivalent status - Desirable