My client, a fully integrated infrastructure solutions business which specialises in delivering improved operating performance of commercial and industrial facilities focusing upon three key delivery areas - Engineering Consultancy, Operations & Maintenance and Energy Trading.
Operating on a 24/7 basis, they provide quality service and have been shaped by a strong history in managing, operating and maintaining some of Europe’s largest industrial facilities.
They are currently in a position to recruit a Mechanical Engineer based at their site in Cumbria.
To provide professional engineering support to a CHP operation and ensure asset integrity and reliability is maintained in a manner consistent with delivering customer requirements.
To deliver improvements within the engineering and maintenance department consistent with meeting operational requirements and delivering against the agreed contract KPI’s.
To undertake specified line management responsibilities on behalf of the Maintenance Engineer; necessary due to current organisational arrangements.
- Management and delivery of planned maintenance & overhaul programme to rotating plant including Gas and Steam Turbines
- Management and delivery of maintenance & overhaul programme of HRSG’s and Fired Boilers; Deliver projects consistent with the requirements of the suite of Project Management Procedures; Deliver improved plant reliability through adopting structured reliability improvement processes
- Raise and/or approve changes as required by the ‘Management of Change’ procedure; Provide technical support to maintenance and operational staff
- Deliver actions as identified on the ‘Integrated Risk Assessment’
- Solve engineering plant problems outside the capability of the maintenance team
- Manage specialist contracts, including the requirements of the Gas Turbine Long-term Service Agreement. Support cross functional improvement processes
- Support managed projects, as required / agreed; Perform technical training
- Develop and implement engineering procedures, instructions, standards, guidance documents;
- Set and champion engineering standards across the Site and across the company, where appropriate; Assist to ensure all PM’s are adequate and appropriate for the risks being managed
- Ensure compliance with codal and regulatory requirements
- Contribute to engineering auditing programme, as required
- Identify and deliver innovative solutions to opportunities on the Site
- Perform the ‘Duty Manager’ role
- Manage specific cost centres, as agreed;
- Be a responsible Line Manager for Mechanical maintenance staff including conducting performance appraisals.