Assistant EC&I Engineer
To support the EC&I Engineer in the safe and efficient management of EC&I engineering and maintenance activities associated with the installed plant in Cumbria.
- Effectively support and contribute to the planning and management of day to day and long term EC&I engineering and maintenance issues, balancing safety and commercial considerations.
- Ensure current EC&I processes and procedures are consistent with business and best practice, balancing safety and commercial challenges
- Undertake an active, commercially focussed role in supporting running plan, outage planning, preparation, management and implementation.
- Ensure that relevant statutory and legislative compliance is achieved in a timely manner working with internal personnel and the appropriate external authorities.
- As and when required to support the Planning Engineer in completing any planned or unplanned work to ensure all aspects of the work are completed in a safe and efficient manner.
- As and when required, fully deputise for the EC&I Engineer.
- Establish a strong and effective relationship with members of the EC&I Department and all customers, internal and external.
- Remain current with all aspects of EC&I engineering best practice, industry trends, and statutory requirements. To include but not be limited to ATEX DSEAR, PUWER, design codes and standards, site specifications, document control procedures etc.
- Achieve and maintain internal and external audit compliance and communicate outcomes.
- To be an authority to the EC&I and other departments on issues relating to EC&I engineering.
- Contribute to E&M and EC&I Section meetings, team objectives, EC&I and general policies and procedures and to the setting of the applicable parts of the O&M budget;
- Portray the position of Assistant EC&I Engineer in a positive and professional manner.
- Work within Safe Working Policies and Procedures
- Relevant experience in the process or power generation environment including:
Ø Maintenance & contract management.
Ø Outage planning and execution.
Ø Operations interface, policies & procedures.
Ø Legislative compliance & best practice.