The Company is a world leading supplier of turbine components into a multitude of sectors with numerous blue chip global OEM customers. The facility is part of a separate company group, which has been recently acquired by The Company and forms a key part of the group’s strategic growth plans.
Basic Job Content:
With the agreement of the Production Manager, has the authority to plan and implement changes or initiatives to achieve their main responsibilities, provided these comply with Company policy and do not exceed financial authority limits.
Detailed Job Description:
Ø Core Duties:
· Prioritises, co-ordinates and controls individual and team activities, providing employees with relevant information to achieve manufacturing tasks and targets safely
· Communicates effectively with other colleagues to achieve teamwork and consistency in all matters
· Communicates objectives, targets, procedures – e.g. Safety, Quality, Delivery, Equipment and Productivity results or outcomes to employees
· Records manufacturing information
· Attends meetings to report on manufacturing performance, e.g. downtime, outputs, and participating in problem solving and decision making processes
· Works closely with all areas of the business to ensure factory operations are fully co-ordinated, and both factory-wide and area specific performance objectives are understood and achieved
· Reports maintenance requirements and advises on work priorities to the Production Manager.
· Ensures Maintenance Work Requisitions are completed and processed by employees.
· Closely monitors maintenance activities on shift, emphasising the need for feedback to Production Operators
· Prioritises maintenance work as necessary.
Ø Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Management:
Ø Quality Management:
· Implementing and maintaining ISO procedures, and where possible, with the approval of the Shift Manager
· Raising ISO awareness of employees through coaching and training
· Supporting the Quality Manager in improvement programmes relating to process, product or business development
Ø Human Resource Management:
· Aligns personal and Production Operators goals with the needs of the department and organisation
· Responsible for auditing and controlling the work of Production Operators over a wide range of jobs, on a continuous basis, ensuring required standards of process control, product quality and EHS are maintained and improved
· Consults with Production Operators, where appropriate, regarding means of improving performance. Encourages ideas, suggestions and participation of all shop-floor employees
· Initiates disciplinary procedures in the event of employee non-conformance to instructions, rules, or terms and conditions of employment
· Monitors, assesses and advises the Production Manager on the individual performance of all Production Operators, with a view to addressing information, coaching and training needs, performance deficiencies, and establishing pay grades
· Manages attendance by conducting back to work interviews, encouraging personnel to resolve absence issues, and taking disciplinary action where necessary
· In consultation with the Production Manager, organises production personnel by shifts, groups or tasks to achieve optimum team working and manufacturing performance outcomes
· Conducts regular team briefings
Ø Financial Management:
Degree of Autonomy: