The Company is a world leading supplier of turbine components into a multitude of sectors with numerous blue chip global OEM customers. The facility is part of a separate company group, which has been recently acquired by The Company and forms a key part of the group’s strategic growth plans.
Basic Job Content:
· Responsible for all aspects of plant operations, environmental, health and safety, quality, maintenance and finance
· Maximise the sites productive capabilities to achieve agreed service levels and customer satisfaction
· Manage and implement change to develop a culture of ensure continuous improvement
· Foster a well-trained and motivated staff.
With the agreement of the Plant Manager, has the authority to plan and implement changes or initiatives to achieve main responsibilities, provided these comply with Company policies and do not exceed financial authority limits.
Detailed Job Description:
Ø Production Planning:
· Analyses site organisation and defines improvements based on the key processes. Implements these improvements after discussions with the Plant Manager to identify the necessary means: internal or external resource (e.g. procedures, working methods); technical (e.g. materials, IT-systems or others); and/or financial means
· Monitors and manages the following areas on a daily, weekly or monthly basis:
· The detailed production plans and forecasts to support the delivery of products to the end customer.
· Inventory levels in line with production plan and achievement of performance
· Any failures within both the planning/forecasting system and the build processes associated with the plan forecast
· Liase with both internal and external organisations within the group to create optimum build sequence plans.
· Consideration to the overall needs of the business must be given at all times, in developing short/medium and long term plans
· The development of the Production Operations in terms of individuals, teams and processes, ensuring a positive contribution to a total business plan.
· Ensures the achievement of the continuous improvement plans/targets
Ø Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Management:
· Ensuring continuous progress of programmes for Risk Assessment/Safe Working Practices/Information, Instruction and Training, through line management
· Recording, investigating, and identifying measures to prevent, injuries and accidents, through line management
· Participating in Safety Committee meetings, hazard-spotting/housekeeping, and auditing
· In conjunction with the Site’s EHS Manager, organises and maintains all statutory safety checks and insurance work
Ø Quality Management:
Ø Human Resource Management:
Ø Financial Management:
corrective actions where necessary
Degree of Autonomy: