International Sales Manager
My client, a global player in the manufacturing of coated paper for flexible packaging and labels, are looking to recruit an International Sales Manager to be based in the UK, Spain, France, Belgium or Italy. Due to their diverse range of products, they serve a number of industries such as food, beverage, consumer packaging goods, entertainment to name but a few. They are looking for a driven individual who is able to work autonomously (home office based) and is willing to travel (50% of the time).
As an international sales manager you will identify, evaluate and manage (new) business and marketing initiatives to create demand for their product. In this position you are responsible for developing relationships throughout the value chain with a specific focus on end users and you will be accountable for creating pull through of their end user channel.
Reporting line to VP Sales and Marketing Europe, Asia and Africa
- Increase business opportunities and build the pipeline for accelerated new business growth;
- Work with VP Sales and Marketing to focus segments and a target list of end users to grow their share.
- Develop strategic partnerships and establish relationships, which result in efficiently customer meetings to identify products and processes that match their needs.
- Assess and approach new potential customers.
- Navigate customer organizations to map their needs, develop strategies, and match internal resources in order to build relationships with end use customers.
- Become a valued partner for customers by presenting new ideas and business opportunities.
- Monitor, report on industry trends and incorporate knowledge of the industry to better partnering.
- 4+ Years’ solid experience in a commercial position; a background in speciality paper industry is a plus.
- Good understanding of a sales process, product management, marketing and other directly related sales experience.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Excellent customer service, outstanding communication & presentation skills.
- Being able to interact in a matrix organization.
- Knowledge of the paper/packing industry preferred;
- Scope: Africa, middle East, UK, France, Portugal, Spain;
Travel: typically 50%
Language: Fluency in English and a local language based on work location; French and/or Spanish are a strong positive.