The position reports to the Head of Quality and HSE, Nordex UK and Ireland, who in-turn reports to the Country Manager, Nordex UK and Ireland (both based in Manchester).
The job will be located primarily at Manchester, although travel throughout UK and Ireland is expected in pursuance of site related duties.
There may be occasions where opportunities emerge for Quality Inspectors to support other parts of the Nordex organization world-wide.
Nordex UK Ltd & Nordex Energy Ireland Ltd.
Nordex UK & Ireland team, headquartered in Manchester, undertakes sales, projects and service in UK and Ireland. Projects range from small contracts (small number of wind turbines where our responsibility is to supply and erect the turbines) to large, turn-key projects where Nordex is responsible for building the entire multi-turbine wind farm. Service contracts are currently managed at more than 50 windfarms. Construction is in progress, or scheduled to commence, on another 10 windfarms across all areas of the British Isles.
The Role of a Quality Inspector in Nordex
- Assist Site Managers with requirements for inspection of incoming goods to site.
- Lead “Golden Turbine” process to establish the first completed turbine on each site as a reference
- Perform and/or assist site supervisors with requirements for pre-commissioning checks
- Perform final handover checks
- Assist with client inspections.
- Perform and/or assist Service staff with post-maintenance inspections
- Carry out inspections in advance of End of Warranty dates
- Accompany the client/representatives during End of Warranty audits
- Assist with performing internal audits and host client’s quality audits/external audits
- Become a “critical friend” to Site Managers, Project Managers and Field Operation Managers.
- Build a strong working relationship with client and wind farm managers’ staff.
- Provide advice to the local and global business with respect to Quality methodology and problem solving.
- Actively contribute to the investigation and resolution of Quality problems on operational windfarms and construction sites.
- Assist the PM and Service functions to ensure that Quality issues are recorded as Quality Notifications and that suitable corrective and preventive actions are determined and implemented.
- Provide constructive suggestions on how processes can be improved and work on specific process improvement actions as part of the Nordex UK/Ireland and Nordex corporate Quality teams.
Nordex SE is a manufacturer of large wind turbines with an output of 2.5 – 3.3MW. Headquartered in Hamburg, Nordex employs around 2,500 people and has a turnover well in excess of €1bn. Nordex UK Ltd and Nordex Energy Ireland Ltd are wholly owned subsidiaries of Nordex SE.