Main Purpose of Job
To grow the companies UK’s customer base and sales in the automotive Sector through creating and implementation of a tailored go to market sales strategy encompassing all UK manufacturing sites & specialities
The main tasks, key accountabilities and responsibilities for this position are;
- Understanding and sharing market insights, knowledge and current trends/challenges
- Creation of a national go to market sales strategy for a chosen Sector
- Gaining approval from UK executive committee on strategy
- UK-wide roll out of agreed go to market strategy
- Support for site-level salesforces in order to grow in chosen Sector in their cost-centres
- Ensuring that knowledge gained from chosen Sector is shared across UK sites
- Working alongside site-level Sales Directors in order to manage chosen prospects in local business pipelines
- Prepare RF & budgets for senior management
Scope of the role:
- Managing one of UK’s fastest growing markets for the business
- Being the main internal point of contact for automotive Sector in order to provide holistic, consistent insights to local salesforces
- Understanding the dynamic business environment of your key accounts in the chosen markets.
- Liaising and working with key account and prospect packaging stakeholders.
- Working alongside and delegated work to internal sales teams, account teams, QA, Design and Technical team.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
The ideal candidate must possess;
- The ability to use own initiative/self-manage and show flexibility to be available.
- The ability to plan, create and implement a national sales strategy
- Strong attention to detail with a tendency to check own work.
- A resilient and pro-active sale approach
- A right first time attitude.
- A logical, consistent & resourceful approach.
- The ability to work to tight deadlines and maintain standards under pressure.
- Adaptability and be able to complete a wide range of different tasks.
- Good housekeeping skills.
- A solid understanding of print and structure within the corrugated industry.
The skills that is essential for this role;
- Able to extract varying levels of detail from different sources and then build in to a clear understanding of requirement.
- Able to work with customer and technical teams to maintain & promote continuous improvement.
- Able to maintain holistically focused view of ‘day to day’ account to ensure correct detail is used at all times. – only if managing an account
- Negotiation skills.
- Sound understanding of structural design/print/conversion/packing lines essential, commercial understanding a bonus.
- Able to manage all elements of NPD from concept through to trial & launch
- Able to support customers own tender requests with fast turnaround.
- Able to manage customer expectations, particularly where quality, scale up trials and complex print are concerned.
- Able to deal with political relationships and maintain a balanced & professional viewpoint at all times.
- Efficient excel skills - essential to provide fast accurate detailed reports both internal & external.
Complexity and Creativity
- Being proactive rather than reactive through identifying a solution to a problem and being able to sell it to the key customer/prospect stakeholders.
- Efficiently managing and developing a large pool of diverse product specifications.
- Understanding and managing expectation of print and structure capabilities and successfully linking that with our resources.
- Organising and managing tight schedule for customer meetings, internal meetings, trials, office days.
- Understanding the differing systems, procedures and practises of all UK manufacturing sites
- Pooling The Companies resources to demonstrate our creative and technical superiority.
- Finding ways to take out cost through innovations in account’s logistics and supply chain processes – a more efficient and cost-effective delivery process.