Field Service Engineer Central Germany
Perform Equipment Installation, Service and Repair for all ranges of Company Equipment (medical sector) within Germany. Provide User Training and troubleshooting support, etc., in the German market as required. Assist the Service Manager in managing spare parts inventory and documentation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement technical service function for Company product families
- Receives and performs customer service requests for installations, relocations, calibrations, preventive maintenance and basic repairs.
- Ensures that the schedule meets the customer’s needs in the field as assigned.
- Interface with customers via customers visit/telephone/email to provide quality product support
- Provide applications/user/technical training
- File product complaints according to procedure
- Identify training needs and make recommendations
- Execute Preventive Maintenance and Troubleshooting tasks and document accordingly
- Document and update internal procedures
- Maintains personal Field Service inventory of replacement parts.
- Returns defective material in a timely manner, and orders replacements in accordance with company policy.
- Ensure a superior level of customer satisfaction with regard to after-sales support
- Assumes ownership of Problem Resolution process.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- BSc degree or equivalent or a proven Track Record of similar roles and functions
- Industry experience in one or more of the following areas: Laboratories, Healthcare, Private Practices or Facilities
- 4 years Field Service experience or 4 years relevant Industry experience.
- Hands-on technical service experience with medical equipment is preferred
- Experienced in driving customer allegiance and growing existing customer base
- Ability to work independently and pro-actively to resolve customer issues Effective communication skills in both German and English (verbal and written)
- Self-starter highly motivated with a strong bias for action/execution (a proven track record of actions and results that demonstrate initiative)
- Minimal direct supervision required
- Enthusiastic/Positive attitude
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel within Germany. May require occasional travel outside of Germany.
- Solid PC skills and ability to effectively use Windows-based software
- Effective communication skills in both German (fluent) and English (verbal and written)
The role is remote based.
· Reporting to the Service Manager
· Team structure is pretty autonomous.
37.5 - 40 hours per week, permanent contract
· Company Bonus
· Company Car
· Credit Card
· And fuel card