Our client is a successful large German company with more than 13,000 employees world-wide. Since 80 years the company has been making sense of large amounts of data from a wide variety of data sources with the aim to turn data into smart business decisions for their clients (Big Data). For the location Berlin we are currently looking for a
Big Data / Hadoop Software Developer (m/f)
- The role is part of the Data & Technology department that is responsible for the complete life cycle of software products. In the development process they work test driven and do continuous integration.
- As Software Developer – Big Data (m/f) you are part of an agile big data engineering team whose focus is on the consistent further development of technology platforms for the analysis of data on behavior and attitude of Internet users.
- Modules for data logistics, aggregation and reporting are orchestrated and automated to complex data processing pipelines (ETL, Reporting) with the help of Apache Oozie workflows.
- In addition to the Hadoop ecosystem, technologies from the wider NoSQL-environment are constantly evaluated and used.
- You support our product owner in the R&D-process and actively shape the scope and organization of development iterations. In addition to your engineering skills, you are able to use algorithms for statistical analysis, and you are thus able to participate in e.g. plausibility checks.
- You are interested in modern development methods and draw on best practices. As you do not compromise on quality, these include, in particular, methods regarding test automation.
- Specifically, you have the following responsibilities:
- Work closely with the areas of business analysis, support and testing
- Design and test-driven development of applications in distributed systems
- Maintenance of existing ETL-, data management- and data query components
- Continuous development of automation solutions in data processing
- Working in an agile environment and continuous improvement of agile processes
- Technology scouting and tools evaluation for continuous development of software solutions
- University degree in computer science or equivalent science or engineering discipline
- Excellent programming skills in Java
- Knowledge of the most important software design principles and patterns
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Experience in the Hadoop ecosystem with Map/Reduce, Oozie, Pig, Hive, Spark or appropriate alternatives
- Permanent role with a top employer that offers very good development possibilities
- Attractive salary and very good social benefits
- International work environment
- Work with the latest, state-of-the art technologies and with interesting subject matters.
Please use our online-application form only for applying to advertised position. Please note that we can´t consider applications that we receive by e-mail.
Do you have any questions or require further information? We are always happy to answer any enquires you may have either by telephone or by e-mail:
ANTAL INTERNATIONAL PERSONALBERATUNG
Andreas Dürr, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel.: 0911 590 596 44