Our client – a global supplier of resins to the coatings industry – is hiring an Area Manager DACH.
Location: Home office (preferably Northern Germany)
- Add value to the local customer’s processes and end products through offering products and services.
- Responsibility to operate within the approved sales plans for volume, sales value and margin (spread).
- Create and maintain customer loyalty and find new sales opportunities.
- Assist the customer in defining the needs to which our client should respond.
- Coordinates all operational sales issues through himself and third party distribution channels.
- Handling of complaints.
- Coordinate, organize and mobilize Sales support functions (e.g. technical service, SCM) within agreed ‘customer relation management’ framework to optimize customer satisfaction with a realistic view on the clients’ capabilities.
- Offer non-exclusive products and services that best fit the customer’s needs.
- Participate in sales trainings, sales meetings and technical training.
- Provide monthly updates on market trends (including pricing, competitors), Opportunity list and sample status.
- Co-work with agents and/or distributors in order to guide and coach them; organize joint customer visits, if needed.
- Sales responsible for a defined number of customers and/or geographical area.
- Optimize pricing and volumes within the agreed pricing framework as approved by EMEA sales management.
- Submitting the yearly budgets.
- Price negotiations with the customers within the agreed pricing framework.
- Optimize customer satisfaction; improve customer loyalty.
- Together with credit management, monitor and control the agreed targets on trade receivables.
- Execution of customer sales contracts within approved sales plan and guidance as set in yearly STI’s.
- Within the approved sales plan, is commercially responsible for the execution of the plan.
- Managing relations within the local customers at different levels and disciplines.
- Be able to manage internal resources and create internal support within the CRM guidelines to the benefit of the local customer base in the region.
- High degree of complexity; technical selling in different segments.
- Working in isolation from home office requires a professional and efficient working style.
- Degree in chemistry or chemical engineering.
- Ability to speak and write at least in English; German as language.
- Tenacity for commerce, customer focus with capacity to build and preserve long term customer relations.
- Several years of experience in a “technical” sale position.
- Result oriented
- Team player and operating independently as well
- Customer focus/satisfaction
- Integrity and honesty
- Entrepreneurial and creative spirit