The Sales Representative Industrial Coatings is the Key Contact for the southern German (Bavaria) business. The individual will develop new businesses as well as keeping the existing business.
Our client is seeking someone who is passionate about sales and who is committed to understanding its customers – from proactively anticipating market trends, customer needs and requirements, to bringing sales expertise and service to customers. Through in-depth product portfolio knowledge, the Sales Representative plays a key role in ensuring customer focus and delivery of excellent sales and technical service activities.
The Sales Representative must possess ambition, energy, and self-confidence to make a mark and build the comoany's powder business by utilizing all the assets our client has to offer. Core responsibilities enabling success in this role will include the following:
• Develop key account and technology strategies for selected customers and market segments that create big “wins.”
• Drive the business development of small and mid-sized business by following market developments and anticipate customer needs
• Investigate and understand market developments and communicate these to the internal organization
• Maintain focus and efficiency by identifying overlapping areas, streamlining programs, overseeing implementation, and coordinating activities region-wide and understanding and exploiting fit with global platforms.
• By demonstrating strong commercial acumen, initiate, drive, and close the sales cycle - accelerate it to outperform our clients competitors.
• Be an integral part of ensuring customer questions and issues are resolved and proactive customer solutions are put in place. Become core to supporting our customers with improving their operations quality and efficiency through understanding regional implications as well as the implications across multiple technologies.
• Prioritize accounts and time spent on them. Ensure overall customer satisfaction and that all accounts feel they each get enough attention.
• Negotiate prices with a view to maximising value. Administer/develop contracts as needed.
•Deep expertise in specialty chemicals, preferably in industrial powder coatings
•A proven track record as an accomplished sales executive developing and implementing strategies for ambitious market growth within Germany.
•Demonstrated success achieving on ambitious sales objectives.
•Expertise in highly technical environments, ideally with previous experience in Lab or Technical Support Environment
• Possess strong self-initiative with an innate ability to set priorities and then deliver on those priorities - sense of urgency.
•Experience profiling and targeting customers and developing contacts as well as experience developing and managing internal and external customer relationships. Be absolutely capable leveraging networking and relationships to achieve sales targets.
• Be able to communicate assertively, effectively, and credibly across all levels of the organization to ensure consistency. Be comfortable presenting information (recommendations for solutions and giving presentations clearly and concisely) to a variety of audiences.
• Ability to communicate in German and English on a business level