Product Development Engineer (German + English)
Search, define and develop most optimal product/solution for the client application, considering needs, performance, quality, innovation and profitability. The responsibility is from product concept to final homologation of the part.
- Identify the adequate solution for the customer.
- Design the most adequate concept, selecting the appropriate material and production technology.
- Core technologies: plastic injection, metal stamping and bending.
- Design for manufacturing.
- Make product cost & investment estimation during the development process in order to fit the design to the target price.
- Check patentability.
- Define and ensure development timing & resources.
- Transfer the project to industrialization team.
- Lead research projects to bring added value to the product developments.
- Visit customers to establish contacts.
Education and experience required:
- Mechanical Engineering.
- 4-5 years experience in Product Development and Project Management for plastic and metallic parts.
- Advanced user in Catia. Knowledge of the Finite Elements Methodology and Software.
Fluent in German.
Fluent in English.