Our client is a manufacturer of high quality paints and wallpaper. Special printing techniques on the highest quality papers provide a refined texture, elegant look, durability and longevity. In order to support their international growth, maintain delivery and commitment to innovation and excellence for their customers we are searching a:
Sales Manager Mid & South Germany (m/f/d)
Germany based (home office)
- Grow the stockist network by identifying independent prospective stockists (principally decorating professionals, exclusive interior design stores, trade paint specialists) and persuading them to buy into the various trading concepts (Tinting Machine or Professional)
- Grow like-for-like sales through the existing stockist network and motivating their sales and marketing effort
- Ongoing review and evaluation of all stockists and trade book holders to maximise performance
- Provide technical assistance in the sale and application of products including training new and existing stockists and their contractors
- Ensure all channels provide the very best customer advice with thorough product knowledge, including up-selling and cross-selling
- Provide detailed sales forecasting and budget proposals by account as required.
- Attend local events at customer’s premises and national trade shows where the Company is a participant.
- Attend annual stockist workshops and events in Germany and the UK as required.
- Provide verbal and written progress reports to the Export Sales Manager as required
- Execute the agreed German marketing strategy for third party channels
- Ensure all stockists adhere to merchandising and display standards
- Monitor competitor activity and pricing and industry trends providing recommendations to ensure the Company is effectively prepared
- Act as the main interface between the UK factory and the customer at all times to ensure the good development and nurturing of customer relations between in the German market place
- Ensure the very best customer service to all customers at all times by raising issues with the Export Sales Manager and proactively seeking solutions
- Project the Company image for quality and integrity, acting as a Brand ambassador
- Relevant languages - German mother tongue with good written and spoken English.
- A proven track record in developing and growing sales in market and strong negotiating skills.
- Strong drive for results and determination to succeed.
- A strong background in selling paint or other specialized interiors products (ideally 10 years minimum) with good local retail contacts in the region
- Ideally a good technical understanding of paint and wallpaper or willingness to learn
- An experienced on the road sales person able to organise their time/appointments in order to maximise profitability.
- Happy to work with a high level of autonomy
- Willing to travel extensively within the region.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the proven ability to win the confidence of new customers.
Please send your detailed application including your CV and recent credentials to: EMoore@antal.com.
If you have any questions about this position, please do not hesitate to call Mr. Edward Moore for a confidential discussion, your contact at Antal International GmbH, by email or by phone +49 69 976 75 139.