Title: Sales Manager
Reports to: General Manager
Localisation: Accra, Ghana
Manages sales of the company’s products and services. Ensures consistent, profitable growth in sales revenues through planning, execution and management of sales personnel. Identifies objectives, strategies and action plans to improve short- and long-term sales and earnings.
- MAIN DUTIES
- Determines annual sales and gross-profit plans by implementing trade strategies; analyzing trends and results.
- Establishes sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products.
- Implements national sales programs by developing field sales action plans.
- Maintains sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
- Establishes and adjusts selling prices by monitoring costs, competition, and supply and demand.
- Performs sales activities on major accounts and negotiates visibility and investment in consultation with the General Manager.
- The top customers in the markets will be his personal accounts
- Develops specific plans to ensure revenue growth in all company’s products
- Completes sales operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Formulates all sales policies, practices and procedures.
- Collaborates with General Manager to establish and control budgets for sales promotion and trade show expenses.
- Reviews expenses and recommends economies
- Maintains excellent relationships with the suppliers and leads negotiations, funding, joint business plan implementation
- Identifies the right “go to market” strategy, updating it permanently and making it more relevant to the company
- Initiates and coordinates development of action plans to penetrate new markets and widen distribution and visibility of our brands
- Assists in the development and implementation of marketing plans as needed.
- Provides timely feedback to senior management regarding performance.
- Provides timely, accurate, competitive pricing on all completed prospect applications submitted for pricing and approval, while striving to maintain maximum profit margin.
- Maintains accurate records of all pricings, sales, and activity reports submitted by sales teams
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team
- Spends at least 40% of his time in the field coaching his team or visiting top trade customers
Sales Team Management
- Maintains sales staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains sales staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed: establishes and manages effective programs to compensate, coach, appraise and train sales personnel
- Holds regular meeting with sales staff
Internal / External Cooperation
- Insures that all sales team members meet or exceed all activity standards for prospecting, visits, presentations etc
- Delegates authority and responsibility with accountability and follow-up.
- Sets examples for sales teams in areas of personal character, commitment, organizational and selling skills, and work habits.
- Conducts regular coaching and counseling with sales teams to build motivation and selling skills.
- Maintains contact with all clients in the market area to ensure high levels of client satisfaction.
- Demonstrates ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees.
- University degree in marketing or business studies is preferred
- 5-7 years of experience in sales management.
- Relevant experience in FMCG sector
- Problem-solving and analytical skills to interpret sales performance and market trend information.
- Proven leadership and ability to drive sales teams.
- Experience in developing marketing and sales strategies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills,
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
- Willingness to travel and work in a global team of professionals.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office required
- Valid driver’s license