Job Title: Chief Digital Officer
Reports to: Managing Director
Client: Banking Institution
Salary: Excellent Package + Salary
Visa Type: Ghanaians (Home & Abroad) & Expatriates
The Chief Digital Officer (CDO) will drive the development, roadmap and Execution of the Bank’s digital transformation strategy in the short, mid and long term. The CDO is mandated to formulate an end-to –end digital business strategy, lead the activation of product, services and solution roadmaps, designing new customer experience and business models, and championing digital business transformation within the Bank. The individual is responsible for the adoption of digital technologies across the entire business.
- Sets the vision and defines a comprehensive digital strategy across the organization
- Obtains buy-in and commitment for the digital strategy across all stakeholders
- Defines budgets and measurable goals for the digital vision; owns the digital P&L
Drives for tangible and measurable results to be reported to the board of directors/trustees
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Formulate end-to-end digital strategy and consolidate existing software and commercial functions making data driven decisions to incorporate digital approaches into existing business models and architect new digital-first business models, understanding how to migrate customers from conventional channel to digital channels
- Prove digital leadership to business partners and organization, developing the long term vision for the direction of business applications. Develop and administer the digital project portfolio.
- Champion the adoption of digital approaches across the business and ensure long term alignment to the Bank’s strategy. Map digital capabilities to strategic priorities.
- Be a digital role model and coach and build a true digital DNA while co-creating an ecosystem of business and technology innovators.
- Redefine the customer journey guided by a shift from product-centric to customer-centric transformation
- Serve as the executive sponsor for digital process innovation
- Build outcomes, products, services and solution plans for the digital business.
- Complete a digital transformation, one in which the business adapts to the new possibility of a digital world.
- Measure new efficiencies and ROI as part of the digitisation projecct delivery
COMPLIANCE AND CONTROL
- Achieve operational excellence in all aspects of procedures and processes undertaken to ensure satisfactory audit.
- Abide by the bank’s Information Security Management Systems policies and procedures
- Safeguard the bank’s information assets in accordance with its ISMS policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance with operations risk requirements e.g. KYC and money laundering.
COMMUNICATIONS AND WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Technology Department
- Operations Department
- Management Committee Members
- Competitor Institutions in the country
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Master’s in Technology or business administration (MBA) with Bachelor’s degree In Computer Science or Engineer/STEM.
- Must have at least 15-20 years lead experience of digital marketplace
- A recognized thought leadership with established industry presence leading internal and external efforts to promote the vision and adaption of digital technology.
- A courageous big thinker, business technologist who lives in the future. Orientation is towards innovation, problem solving and value creation.
- Leverage new breathing to customer experience every day.
- Balances strategic thinking with pragmatism and nimble execution, building strong teams and cross-business relationships to products services and solutions.
- Thought Leader & Brand: Maintains a blog, possesses an established industry presence as a thought leader. And leads internal and external evangelism to promote the vision and adaptation of digital technologies in key markets, among customers and prospects, and within the business through events, presentations, influencer relations, PR and media, social presence, direct